Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Psalms 66:16 Scrap Book

Ever since I was diagnosed with cancer- the outpouring of love from my friends and family have been so wonderful. It has truly been something that has helped me face this difficult journey - with more courage and happiness.

God has brought some wonderful people into my life, above what I ever even would have imagined. And I am so grateful. All of the acts of kindness - are just "I love you's" from God.
There have been blessings- like the good deals I found on the clothes that I told you guys about this week. I also found a brand new purse made out of jean fabric for only $3.00- I absolutely LOVE it!!
 
It is a little darker than the photo shows it. It's a dark blue jean fabric purse.
 
There are times along this journey that I get discouraged or sad and I wanted to have something tangible that I could look at to remind myself of all of the blessings that I have received. And that is when I thought of making a scrap book.
 
I asked my good friend Susan- for some verses about What God has done for us in the past - and she shared a lot of great verses - but one of them was so uniquely special that I just had to name my scrap book Psalms 66:16.
 

"Come and hear, all you who fear God, And I will declare what He has done for my soul."
 
Isn't that just beautiful?!
 
Well I already had this 11X14 scrap book - so this is what I am using.
 Do you remember these stickers? I found them probabaly a year ago or so and knew I loved them but just had no idea what I was going to do with them. Well they are being used in my scrap book.
Friends have shared songs with me that have made them think of me. For example - the song - "Overcomer" by Mandisa - so I copied the lyrics and placed them in my scrap book.
 
A song that has really blessed my soul has been Matt Redman's "10,000 Reasons" song - and so I am memorized the chorus and when I become discouraged - I am trying instead to sing this chorus out loud. That way I change my focus from the problem to the solution.
 
 
So there you have it - I want something that I can go back and be reminded of how God has been leading me and how He is always encouraging me - and in all sorts of ways. One of these days I might take a photo of a page or two and show you. I already have 6-7 pages about done. There are 2-3 of those pages that are not quite finished.

God is Good All the Time - Sometimes We just need to be reminded.
 
May God bless each of you in a special way and may you see God's handiwork in your life.
 

8 comments:

  1. Great idea. This is much like a project that I am working on for my son... only I am using an album (the kind where you slide the photo in? It has a framed front cover). I aim to fill it with Bible promises and youth-related instruction/encouragement, as well as pictures.

    I want him to have it before he hits the pre-teen years, given my health flip-flops and such.

    I love your stickers! I have been on the hunt for aeroplane stickers (he wants to be a missionary pilot), but I haven't struck gold yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an excellent idea! I will be praying that God brings you some aeroplane stickers! If I ever find any - I will pick some up for you.
      God bless you~ Lisa :O)

      Delete
  2. I love your scrapbook idea! Hope you will share photos of the inside sometime! Would love to see some of your pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share at least a photo - you have to see the drawing I did of a cute bookmark that you sent to me. I wanted the reminder of the bookmark but wanted to use the bookmark as well - so I drew it!
      Have a happy Sabbath! Lisa :O)

      Delete
  3. I really love your purse!! So cute! The scrapbook idea is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really felt like I struck Gold when I found it. I am picky - like every woman(I think) about my purses and I just fell in love with this one. Have a great week end! Lisa :)

      Delete
  4. I love it! Sometimes we really do need those tangible reminders of how God has strengthened us before. What fun that you can make it beautiful, and put those stickers to good use! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many times I have let - "I love you's" from God just slip by because I was not paying enough attention to them- or quickly forgot them because of so many other things to do- now I will have the reminders of at least what I am able to record. Speaking of - I need to get caught up - this week there were a good amount of blessings and I need to record them before I forget them. Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories