Monday, January 27, 2014

Honesty Through the Journey

Some have said how much they appreciate how honest I am through this journey with cancer and I wanted to write a little back ground as to why I have taken this approach.

When I started my blog almost 4 years ago - I started it because my husband had been diagnosed with early onset of Parkinson's. I have hoped that by sharing on a blog - that I would be able to meet up with other people in the same boat as I was in. I thought it would be helpful to find others that were going through the same things and find encouragement in the stories and experiences of other people.

 Well it did not work like that at all. But I can see God's hand on the progression of my blog. He has led me to be honest and to be an encourager. These things are needed. I am hoping that by sharing my story, that I will be able to help others along the way. Either through cancer - or through what ever they may be going through. I have been through some very painful, hurtful things - that I am not able to openly share here on my blog- but this cancer journey- I can share this journey. I am trying to be as honest as I can without sharing too much information. There are things that I don't share. There are something that I have had a hard time figuring out how to share it without seeming to complain too much. But I really want to give you all a true sense of what this journey is like - so that if you end up knowing someone going through this kind of thing or going through something like this yourself - you will be better able to understand their journey.

Life is hard and we do well to do what we can to encourage those around us. And I have to say that I am so encouraged by all of your thoughtful comments and encouragement. You have helped to uplift me when I am down. Your prayers and love have done my heart a lot of good. And I am thankful for each and everyone of you. I hope you all have a wonderful day! God bless each of you in a special way. :O)
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! Thank you for your honesty, and for keeping us all up on your journey here. It can't be easy,but I hope it helps you as much as it helps me to pray for you.

    Life is hard, and we do need encouragers, you are so right. I'm honored if I have helped you in any way feel supported.
    Happy Monday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed to be able to pray for you. May God continue to bless you as you progress on this journey.

    Have a great day, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have this blog and I've been able to get to know you through it. I think its wonderful that you honestly share your journey to help others. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ladies- I appreciate each and every one of you! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bless my heart beyond measure, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision