Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In Training for...Perseverance


1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 
            2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 
            3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
             4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
             5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5:1-5
 
This is a passage that really stood out to me in this week's sermon. And I am going to be getting my Bible Commentary out and doing some more studying about this passage.

I can so relate to this passage.
 
Last night was pretty rough- I was hurting. I took a nice hot bath and that soothes my aches and pains some but I ended up having to take some pain meds. I really don't like taking pain meds.

When I have my hysterectomy - I did not even take half of my 15 pills that were prescribed to me. I was thankful I still had some of them left over - when I had the port put in. I used some more of them. And then once I started hurting on my 1st Chemo - I was thankful to have a couple of those same pills left over. The Dr called in a prescription for me - so I have more now. And I am just going to have to realize that sometimes during this journey - I will have to take some pain meds.

Last night I was in such bad shape- I had really wanted to just go crawl into bed- but it was only 6pm and had I done that - I would have been waking up super early and thrown my schedule off. It took about an hour or so but the edge was taking off of the pain and it was more bearable.
 
I had to take half of a pill earlier - I am trying to go with the lowest amount possible. I am glad that my pills are a really low dosage so that makes me feel a little better.
 
This morning I had a bout with constipation- took me about an hour to be able to use the bathroom. I am really trying to make choices to help with all of these side effects. And trying to keep note of what I am doing that has worked and what does not work. And researching what can help in the future. So far this time has been a bit easier in that respect.

God has used people to share helpful information with me - that at the time I was not sure if it was helpful but am so thankful for the info now.
 
I wanted to share a cute photo of me and my sister. I am the baby.

Aren't we adorable?
 

12 comments:

  1. I feel the same about pain meds, but when you have to, you just have to. I am glad you were able to take the edge off... Would any type of green smoothie help with the bowels?

    I love that photo... adorable, for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I am trying to work more fiber into my diet - I will have to look into some recipes for some green smoothies. Thanks for the info. :O)

      Delete
  2. Yes! You ARE both adorable! :) So sorry for your pain--praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for the prayers - I really appreciate them :o)

      Delete
  3. Popping in to see how you are doing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee- Great to see you and good to get link for your blog again- for some reason the following of your blog did not work. I stopped following and then joined again - hopefully that till solve the problem. Hope you are doing well. :O)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry for the pain and discomfort you're dealing with. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren :o) Hoping next week is a lot better. :o)

      Delete
  5. Hi Dear! I am so sorry about your troubles...who needs constipation on top of pain? Facing the need for pain meds must be very hard for you, but if you need them, it sure beats being uncomfortable?
    I bet your doctor would have advice for you if the pills are causing the problem.
    You are a real hero Lisa. I am so glad we are connected, you inspire me every time I come here. Keep up the good work. This will be in your rear view mirror soon.
    One day at a time. You are in my prayers for sure!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Ceil- I am amazed that I have 2 of the 6 chemo sessions behind me already. Thank so much for the prayers Lisa :O)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Denise - I have been praying for you - so glad you are back to blogging again - you are such an encourager!!
      Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking