Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Even the Small Details

Sometimes I think we seem to think that God does not care about the small things in life, but every so often I am lucky enough to be reminded that - that is just not true. And today was one of those times.

Way back in July I saw a book at a thrift store that looked very interesting to me. But I was in a hurry and was a bit short on money so did not buy the book. Well just a day or two later - I read a blog or two and saw some people talking about how much they had enjoyed this book- "Chicken Every Sunday." Well it just happened to work out for me to swing back by the same thrift store a day or two later - and so I went to the book section to see if maybe, just maybe the book was still there. And it was not. I was so disappointed. After that I kind of kept an eye out for that book for a while. Then I kind of gave up- until today.

Today I was at my favorite little thrift store in a town near my house, and I was looking through the books. I had already found 4-5 great books and that is when I saw it- out of these hundreds and hundreds of books - I just happened to notice a mustard yellow hard covered book and the name on the end of the book was..... you guessed it! "Chicken Every Sunday" I picked it up and I looked it over and I opened it up and sure enough it was the book I was looking for. In fact, it was better - this was a hard back cover book dated 1946. What a blessing from God! I had not even been looking for this book and God brought it to me and made sure that I found it. What a blessing!

At this same store - I found this lovely scarf- for 50 cents!! Isn't it beautiful! I have not really been into scarves until lately. This scarf is big enough I will be able to use it as a head covering. It was exactly what I was looking for and I could not beat 50 cents any where else. I am so thankful when God brings these kinds of blessings into my life. It reminds me that He cares even about the small details. :O)

2 comments:

  1. I love it when God gives us gifts like that--both the book and the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too!! Especially when, like the book, I had forgotten about wanting it or even looking for it and He still brought it to me! :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)