Saturday, January 4, 2014

Can't Pick Just One

Around the first of the year there seems to be a lot of talk about what a persons Motto will be for that new year. I have had a hard time with figuring out what my motto will be in the past. But last night - while I was not being able to sleep- I think I figured out what mine will be.

It all started when I remembered a verse that will be very important to me this year.

"As your days, so shall your strength be."   
Deuteronomy 33:25b
 
I have seen this be true over the past month for sure. Strength shows up just when I need it. Sometimes I think I needed it a little sooner- but I think sometimes we need those moments of weakness in order to really appreciate the strength that God gives us. If we had strength all the time - we might begin to believe that the strength came from ourselves.
 
And when I thought, "Hey this verse should be my motto this year!" But then I started thinking but I can't forget another favorite verse that has been such an encouragement to me over the past couple of years.
 
    "Be still, and know that I am God."
Psalms 46:10a
 
And the last verse that will be added to my motto for this year is another great one- especially for what I am going through.
 
    "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."   
Exodus 14:14
 
I know you all have seen these verses many time, which is a good thing. I think these verse are important for us all to learn.

So know you know what my motto will be for this year- and probably for the rest of my life. I look forward to this new year and the new gems in the Bible that I am sure I will find and new verses that will strengthen my heart.
 
I would be interested in hearing from you - what is your motto for the new year?

6 comments:

  1. I change my motto almost every day :) I hope you are feeling well today and having a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can so relate to this. This is why I have not really had a main motto before. But over the past year or so - these verses have really been very special to me and it just hit me that this is what I needed to put as a focus this year. Along with adding new things as needed. I am feeling alright. Just really tired. Have felt a little nauseous but not too bad. I hope you guys are doing well. :O)

      Delete
  2. I love that our strength comes from God. I pray that He continues to strengthen you spiritually AND physically. I think my motto keeps changing. I just found out that my biological father is going on hospice care. He has never been a father to me. Therefore, my motto today is that God loves the fatherless and also that I am to love everyone...including someone who has been unable to love me. I pray for peace and comfort for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am praying for you Marci- I am proud that you reached out to your Dad. You will have no regrets. May God continue to bless you~ Lisa :O)

      Delete
  3. I love all each motto, and I think it's great you have three that will now grow in their depth and meaning for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are just so many jewels in the Bible. Always coming across more and more. Just some of them speak so much deeper to my soul than others. And over the last couple of years- these have really become a very important part of my life. Hope your week end is going well :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking