Friday, January 31, 2014

Another Reveal

So today - I shared a photo of myself in one of my hats on Facebook.
 
When my Mother first saw me in a hat she was a bit startled. It was the week end that I began to lose my hair and so since we were going to go walking I thought I would wear one of my hats so that I would not be out in the wind and maybe all my hair blow away...lol...truthfully I was a bit scared it might happen. Anyway so I wore the hat. And like I said when my Mom first saw me she was a bit startled- she told me that it jarred her memory and she was reminded that I had cancer.

And truthfully, I totally got where she was coming from. I will be going about my life and then something will remind me and it is something that kind of startles you. She warned me that people might react kind of weird when they saw me - without hair - wearing hats- not because I looked bad or anything like that but because I don't usually wear hats so it is very different.
 
So that is why I shared my photo. I was going to have to get out and go to a couple of places that I had not been to without hair yet and it was a little scary and when I took the photo I decided it was a good time to share it on Facebook so that others could get used to seeing me like this. And that way make it easier on them and me.
 
 
You can see on my neck in the shadow the spot that is really red because of where the bandaid had been. It does not hurt so it's all good.

I am still hurting in my calves and my feet today but I am doing better overall and that is good. I was able to get to my Block of the Month meetings- where I won the door prize and was able to pick out a pattern.

 
I also got gas - for 3.05 - every where else was running 3.19 and then on my GasBuddy app. for my phone said that there was an increase coming. So I was thrilled when HEB gas station still had their gas at 3.05.
 
I went by Aldi's and got groceries. They have some really great prices. If you have one in your area and have not checked it out yet- it is worth the effort. And no I don't get paid to advertise for them - I am just so thrilled to have this option of a place to shop and get some really good deals.
 
Ok - I better get off of here and get things done around here.
Hope you all have a great week end!! :O)

4 comments:

  1. You really do look cute in that hat!
    It's exciting that you won a door prize... and that you got fuel before the price went up.
    I hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I hope you have a good week end too! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable hat! That one is a great choice. I'm so glad you're starting to feel a little better. Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Thank you for your photo here, it helps me to 'see' you when I pray. And I'm so excited for you! Getting out there and shopping and mingling...what a ray of sunshine. And your hat is very stylish, it's what a lot of people are wearing. I think you look cute :)

    I hope your sore places ease, maybe walking helped? I hope so. It really is great to see you getting out. Praise God. And nice work on the gas too. I just paid 3.07!
    Happy Sunday,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories