Friday, January 24, 2014

Chemo Today- part 3

I really want to give you guys a true sense about what my chemo day is like - just in case someone reading this ends up having chemo - or someone coming across this page - will get an accurate idea of how my day is.
 
My last post Chemo Today. Gives a very good idea- but there is something that I needed to add. Before they start my Chemo drugs- I actually get two small bags- first one is a steroid- and then I get a bag with Benadryl and something else for nausea and the like. My husband says it an upper bag and then a downer bag. The nurse said, "Yeah- that is kind of what it is." Each of these bags take about 15 minutes. Then it is time to start the 1st Chemo bag. Not everyone has two chemo's to take at one time.
 
I also wanted to share a couple of photos of the view that I had today. I ended up on the end row- that just has 4 chairs- facing this wall. It is very relaxing there-since most of the action is behind you on the other rows.
 

This is what I had told you all about in another post. How a lady named Holly had chemo there and just did not like how sterile it looked with all plain white walls. So she paid for someone to come and paint these beautiful murals on the walls. It is all the way around.
Under this quote is a place pained telling who the lady that paid to have all of this work done. I will try to get a photo of it later and share.
 
Anyway I am home and doing well. I am tired but that is no surprise. My voice has been kind of raspy off and on. Gonna gargle with warm salt water - just in case I am trying to get sick.
I hope you all have a happy Sabbath and a great week end!
Love to you all and thank you for the prayers!  :O)

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos and encouragement on the wall. I hope you're having a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision