Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ready for The Amazing Race....

So now I know that if my husband and I were to be on The Amazing Race - that I would be willing to shave my head for a million dollars!

As you know on Friday I started to lose my hair. This morning when I took my shower - I gently washed my hair with baby shampoo. Each time I would get done with each of my hands- I would have to pull of a lot of hair off of my hand - and then put it on the wall of the shower(trying to keep as much from going down the drain as I could) then as I was just making sure I had all the shampoo out of my hair - I swiped my hand down across the side of my head - and when I looked at my hand - I gasped! I was very used to seeing lots of hair - but that time - there was even more hair. I finished my shower and brushed my hair as gently as I could and let it air dry. I had to make it through the day - we would be spending the afternoon with the grandbaby.

I pulled all the bedding off of our bed and washed the sheets, blanket, and quilt. There was so much hair all over the place. It was so bad last night that there was two times I had to pull a piece of hair out of my mouth. So now you know why I had to wash everything today.

Anyway after she left at about 5pm- it was time. Time to take care of my hair- or the increasing lack of hair. I still had about half of my hair. My sweet husband took his hair clippers and shaved my head. Then we went to the bathroom and he got his razor out and shaved it. He wanted to get as much hair off of my head - cause I will continue to lose the hair - it would be uncomfortable to lose a lot of small pieces of hair. I did not see it in the in between stage at all. Once I was done - he put a small towel over my head and moved the towel off of the mirror. And I was able to move the towel off of my head when I was ready. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think the time that I have grieved about this over the last couple of weeks helped me deal with it all. Plus the alarming rate in which I was losing my hair.

Oh - I have to share some blessings with you all. So we took care of our grandbaby for a while today - and then when her Daddy got here- I was surprised to see him BALD! Yep! He had shaved his head for me. As did my husband!!! And my other son is thinking about doing it as well. I am SO tempted to go to JCPenny's and get a family photo done! And am so thinking of doing the photo - bald. Do I want to go around bald all the time - don't think I can - but we will see. But there is something about the love that I feel from my family that makes me think that this photo my be my favorite one ever! You find out there are things in live so much more important than your hair- and that is your family!! And I am SO grateful for mine!! God has really blessed me!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa! So sweet of Jason--and Scott already, and even Nick just thinking about it. What a wonderful family you have! And Mitch and I BOTH think you really SHOULD go and get a family picture taken!!!! It really WILL be your favorite picture in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get the picture done!! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, get the photo! You can decide afterwards if you ever want to show it to people, but I think it would be such a precious, precious token of how you're not walking this road alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies - I will let you all know if we go forward with the photo or not. Even if we don't - these memories mean so very much to me. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gesture of love! Those little love tokens are a blessing to recall on the hard days.

    Sending more love and support!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories