Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Holding Your Plans Loosely

Ok - So yesterday I ran a lot of errands and had every intention of staying home till Friday - when I have to go for Chemo. But plans change.

When I got my port - I have 2 incisions- the smaller one is up on my neck on the right side. It is only about 1/2 inch or a bit smaller than that. For the past week there has been, what looked like maybe a piece of dried skin poking up. Jason had felt it and said it felt kind of hard and did not really think it was just skin. On Friday we looked at it under a magnifying glass - and he said it looked different and for us to keep an eye on it. Last night before bed - I used my pinky finger nail to kind of move it back and forth hoping that by moving it like that - if it was skin or what ever - it would come off. Well what happened is that it did move it and it ended up being a string looking thing - about a centimeter or so long- still poking out of my incision. I was a little worried but did not want to pull it just in case it was connected to something and would cause problems. So I put  band aid over it because I was worried about accidentally picking at it or something. So first thing this morning - I called my Drs. nurse and told her about it. She said it would probably be a good idea for me to come in and let them check it out. So come to find out it was a stitch coming out. When she used the tweezers - I did not even feel it coming out - thank goodness. I had been a little worried about that. Apparently the stitches are suppose to be dissoluble but sometimes they work themselves out. She said that - that happened quite a bit.
Anyway while I was in a much larger city nearby - I decided to stop by a favorite thrift store there. I lucked out. I found 1 skirt, 3 - 3/4 sleeved tops and 5 short sleeved tops. The skirt and one of the short sleeved tops- still had tags on them- and guess what? They actually are the same brand and go together nicely! I was thrilled. - And all of this stuff came to just under $35.00! $6.56 was the most expensive thing that I got and that was the skirt- brand new - from Avenue. Anyway I was happy that even though the day did not go how I had planned it - that it worked out well. That is why it is good to hold your plans loosely. Sometimes God has been plans in store for you.

Ok - I better get working on my post about my scrap book. Hope to be able to post it tomorrow or Friday. Take care! :O)

2 comments:

  1. Yea! So glad that even though you had to go through the bother of going in for this problem, God gave you a nice surprise in helping you find the clothes perfect for you! And such a great price, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you ended up having a great day - and found some fantastic deals!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking