Thursday, January 30, 2014

Starting the Upswing .. I think

Ok - Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am doing a bit better. I am still kind of sore but not any where near where I was on Monday or Tuesday. I am so very thankful that it has calmed down some. Had to take a pain pill before bed last night and don't know how tonight will go yet- I am thinking if I do have to it would only be a half of one. The pain pills I have are where I could take them every 4 hours - so like I have said before I try to take the least amount possible. But I have to say I am so thankful for them on those super hard days. And have to be more willing to take them before I get in too bad of shape. Monday - after a hot bath at about 5-6pm- I was so miserable - I almost just went to bed. Glad my husband suggested a pain pill. And after an hour it took the edge off.

Tomorrow evening our son will be picking up his daughter. This will be the first time that we have seen her since my husband and I shaved our heads. I am hoping that since I wore a hat around her last time she was here that there will not be much questioning - I get a little emotional just thinking about it. I am praying that it goes smoothly and that it can be explained without any added stress on her.

I had to reschedule my genetic testing till the last of Feb. I just knew I would not be up for the appointment this morning- and sure enough - I was just waking up when my appointment would have been. I had called earlier in the week and rescheduled. They are all so understanding - they realize that we just don't feel good sometimes and we have to listen to our bodies.

I try to plan things now - at least a week from a chemo session - that first week is rough. I have been lucky and the next two weeks are not as rough on me. So those are the weeks I plan things. Next week I have a "Look Good Feel Better" class that the American Cancer Society puts on - since a persons skin tends to change it's chemistry and since many people in chemo - not only lose their hair on their heads but all the other hair - they put this class on that helps teach people how to do their make up and all - and if I have heard correctly they give free hypoallergenic make to the cancer patients. That is so nice of them.

I have already noticed that my skin is more sensitive to things than it used to. I have told you how I have a red spot on my neck where a bandaid was - over a week ago. Well it is still there.

Tomorrow morning I have Block of the Month. I have not been here since before my hysterectomy. I missed two meetings due to dr appointments and chemo. I will be getting groceries afterwards. It will be the first time to get groceries since I have lost my hair -without wearing a wig. I just can not wear the wig for long periods of time and trying to save it for going to church and stuff like that. Anyway so I am a little nervous about going to these two places but it should go fine. It is just a part of life and I need to be able to continue to take care of these types of things.

Well I think I will get off of here and get my clothes and stuff ready for tomorrow and then I think it will be time for a hot bath and getting myself ready for bed. I think I will read a chapter in my "Chicken Every Sunday" book and try to get to bed early. Hoping you all have a good evening. :O)

4 comments:

  1. Will pray for a good day for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to read that you're feeling a bit better. I will pray that everything will go smoothly and without concern for your granddaughter during her visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - I pray God gives me the words to say. Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories