Friday, January 3, 2014

1 down- 5 to go...

Well today has been a very long day. Had to be at the Oncology place at 8:30am. Waited to have blood drawn. Then went across the hall and waited for my appointment to see the Dr. Got to ask all my questions. Dr. was impressed that I had so many good questions. Found out some good answers and some not so good answers- like after all my treatments- I will have to go in for a pap smear every 3 months for a year, then every 6 months for the next year or so. And then go from there.

Blood work came back good so it was then it was time to go wait to have the chemo. About 45 minutes later or so - I was called back to the infusion room. They were very backed up with New Years Day falling this week and trying to fit everyone in that did not get to have their treatments done on Wed. So I waited back there and did not actually start treatment till like noon or after. Had to have the Benadryl, zanax and steroids to help me get through the treatment feeling the best.

1st Chemo med started at 1pm and took about 3 hours. Then the 2nd med was started and it took about 45 minutes. It was about at 5pm by the time I was done. And that made for a long day. So far I am feeling alright. I am really tired. Did not sleep there - just couldn't.

I am thankful to be home - and praying that my body will be protected from the negative affects of chemo. Trusting that God is in control. I am so thankful for having my 1st of 6 treatments done.

3 weeks till the next treatment. I hope you all have a great week end- don't know if I will be back on this week end or not. I just wanted to make sure and let you all know how things went. :O)

5 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you for one down! Will pray for rest for you, dear friend. Jesus will carry you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of love! What did you think of that John Piper article I had sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in prayer that the side effects are minimal to non-existent. Get some rest! You have my love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheering for you and encouraging you from my side of the computer. I hope you can hear my cheers of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sounds like you were brave and weathered it well, and I know Jesus will continue to walk with you through the next five treatments. You'll have my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)