Monday, January 6, 2014

Achy and Sore

Just thought I would check in and let you guys know how I am doing. I am having to take Zofran for nausea - for at least the first 3 days after chemo. And this med - causes constipation. They had warned me but I did not realize how quickly I would. Sunday I was pretty miserable- needing to use the bathroom but couldn't. I had some stool softeners and had taken one each day - had not realized I could peel the label and see that I could take up to 3 and preferably at night before bed time. Anyway - so last night when we finally realized this - I took 2 and by this morning- things were running a lot better. I had thought that I would try to pass on the Zofran today - but woke up feeling a little nauseous and I had been told by a couple of people that it is better to keep ahead of it - rather than trying to get it under control once it gets bad. So I took one this morning and then at my 2pm dose- I halved the pill and will try to do that tonight as well.

Another thing that I have been experiencing is joint and bone pain. Some of it is nagging pain in an area for a while- and other times I will have sharp pains hit an area and then calm down. So far - I am able to handle it. I am hoping that I will be able to control it with Tylenol or motrin. Dr said they would call in something stronger - if needed. I am hoping not though. I am thinking I see a lot of hot baths in my future. Walmart carries some stuff - that you add to your bath - that helps with different things- and they have one for aches and pains and that will also be one that will be helpful. They have congestion, allergy, and stuff like that too. It has been a year or so since we have bought the stuff- so I am hoping they still have it. I will probably do a post on them later- so that you all will be able to take advantage of this great stuff. It really is helpful to have around.

Anyway I am doing fairly well considering. I was able to actually vacuum my house today. It has been about 7 weeks- since I have vacuumed. I could not vacuum during my 6 weeks of recovery after my surgery. My husband did a good job of keeping it done up - but I really like to vacuum a couple of times a week - not just once. It felt good to be able to do it. And contribute a bit to getting things done around here.

Well I better close- I need to finish up making our supper. My sweet husband went by the grocery store on his way home today. I am thankful he is willing to do that.

Hope you all are doing well. :O)

10 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God says He will never leave you or forsake you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about giving the Zofran ahead of the chemo- that's what we do. I also suggest that you go ahead and get the heavier pain meds 'just in case'. You don't have to take it, but if you need it, you don't want to have to wait for the script. We have the heavy stuff on hand, but fortunately have very rarely needed to use it.

    I'm glad to hear you are feeling up to cooking and light cleaning. Feeling good is a blessing! Don't overdo it, though!

    You have my love and support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann~ thank you so much for the advice, I know that you know what you are talking about. I am so thankful to be feeling good enough to do these things so far- Praising God for it! :o)

      Delete
  3. I know it feels great to be able to contribute, but please, please, please... take it easy.

    Still praying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth - I am balancing things - do some things - rest a little. Thanks for the prayers - really appreciate them! :O)

      Delete
  4. Lisa, you are so precious. Your honesty and real ness as you walk us through your journey are so brave. I am praying for you. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci- Thank you for your kind words. Love you too. :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking