Saturday, January 18, 2014

Just like clock work

Well just like clockwork- two weeks after my 1st chemo treatment - my hair began to fall out. I first noticed it when I took a shower and as I ran my hands around my hair to wash it - and then looked at my hands - I noticed a lot of hair. Someone had described losing globs of their hair - now I understand what they meant. It is not that there are like holes in my hair where a glob came out; no, it's more like lots of random hair coming out. I had noticed a couple of days ago that my hair had lost its shine. It looked like it was kind of dull. My scalp is also tender and sore- just as they said it would be. This morning - when I took a shower - I lost so much hair just getting it wet that I didn't even do anything but get it wet. My son has his daughter this week end and I am trying to get through the week end - and after she leave - we will probably shave my head. Today my hair was very flat. And when I went out to go walking with my Mom - I wore one of my new hats. It was a real surprise for my Mom to see me in the hat. I don't usually wear hats, ever. So she took a double take. She experienced something I have been experiencing. And that is going about your business and then having something remind you that you have cancer. She and I had this conversation just the day before. And she told me that - that is what she experienced when she saw me in the hat - it was like - Oh yeah- she has cancer. It takes you by surprise. Just like this afternoon after I got back from the walk- the hat had made what I have left of my hair - flat. So I just kept the hat on. Well when my sweet granddaughter came over- she asked why I was wearing a hat. How do you answer that kind of question? I had already known and was trying to prepare how to answer - Why Grammie does not have any hair? I had thought about explaining that one of the meds that Grammie takes caused it but I am afraid if I am not careful as to how I explain it to her- that it might scare her the next time she has to take meds. Anyway that is why I am trying to make it till tomorrow evening before we shave my head. Just praying I can make it. Anyway I wanted to check in and let you all know how things are going. I am feeling pretty good- other than being pretty tired. Have not been able to get as much rest the last couple of nights - not sure why - having some problems with hot flashes at night - while I am trying to sleep. Might be my the heat from my cat, or maybe the heat from my husband but I have been waking up very, very warm.
Well I probably ought to get off of here - I am extremely tired and going to go to bed soon. And I plan on sleeping in- in the morning - hoping to get a little extra rest. I hope you all are having a good week end. A big thank you to everyone for your love, support and prayers - I really appreciate them! :O)

4 comments:

  1. Will be praying especially for you today--that you will be able to think of good explanations to give your granddaughter, that you will be able to adjust to having to use hats and scarves and wigs. That your scale will stop being tender, that you will increase in energy, and that most of all the chemo will kill all the cancer cells! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By now, you have probably slept in... How are you feeling - overall - today?

    You can count on prayers ascending from the sunny isle. May God continue to provide unfathomable peace and Divine strength on this journey. He is faithful. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I am doing pretty good today. Have lost a lot of hair - and even ended up washing my sheets and bedding since there was so much hair.
      Hair is much thinner but should work to wait till after 5 to shave it.

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision