Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Guess Where We Spent Part of Our Day?

Another holiday and guess where we spent part of our day? If you guessed the ER, you are right. Yesterday our oldest son went to the dr and tested positive for the flu. As I shared yesterday - SweetPea spent the night with us - for the first time. She did great! Anyway at about 7:30am or so she started coughing - a lot. Then about 1 hour later - she went back to the play room and was acting like she had gotten her feelings hurt, but she hadn't. Next thing I know she threw up a couple of times.

Well we were thinking maybe it's cause of all of the coughing and she had a lot of drainage. Anyway we gave her a little apple sauce - we were wanting to know if she was sick or not. We had a family Christmas get together to go to and we needed to see if she was sick or not. Well sure enough she threw up a few more times. And she was very hot. And she started fussing. She was miserable. We decided the best thing would be to have her seen. Well we ended up taking her to the ER. Several hours later( they were packed) we were leaving there. They tested her for the flu - but it came back negative.

Later we stopped by CVS to get her meds and we ran into a sister in law of mine. And she said that the week or so before she tested negative for the flu but when they did a blood test- it was positive. So the testing is not always accurate. Since a couple other family members have tested positive for the flu, we along with the dr think that it is the flu. We are going to take care of her again tonight - so that maybe our son can get some rest. He had to go with us to the ER so that they would treat her. Anyway so he was up for like 4 hours - when he should have been at home resting.

I am tired. I did not sleep good last night - hoping to sleep better today. We have had a very busy couple of days for sure. And tomorrow looks like it will be the same. On Friday morning -early - I have to go to the Oncology place - have lab work done and see the Dr and see if my blood work comes back ok. Everyone around me has been sick this past week. Everyone. And so far I seem to be doing ok. But who knows. I really would like a little bit of down time to get prepared for Friday but just don't see that happening any time soon. Please keep our sweet grandbaby in your prayers- she is miserable. I am so thankful that my husband has a lot of patience and is really being a good help.

Everyone is talking about a new year and all the possibilities and all -but with what I am facing for the first half of the year - I am having a hard time seeing it that way. I am praying that after a good nights sleep I will have a much better out look on life. Thanks so much for listening to me and for caring - I really appreciate it. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear Lord.... I pray you won't succumb to whatever seems to be going around.

    I wish for all affected a speedy recovery. Take care, sis.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking