Sunday, January 26, 2014

Checkin' In

 

Just wanted to check in and let you know how things are going. This week end we have been blessed with really nice weather. I was also blessed to have my Mom come pick me up and take me to the park to go walking. I am trying to keep my energy up and also help combat constipation- which at least once of my chemo meds and my meds for nausea - cause for me. And last chemo - I was miserable on two different days - just don't want that again. So I am doing what I can to keep from getting that bad.

I have noticed that this time I am having the aches and pains throughout my body sooner. I thought last time that I did not start having them till after the first three days after chemo. Anyway some of the pain comes and stays for a while - some of it hits sharp and hangs with me a bit and then lets up. You never know where it will hit or for how long it will hit.

I have also noticed this time that I am becoming more sensitive to things - had a rash on both of my arms- I had noticed that my elbows were dry and had used some Neutrogena stuff - that I have used for a LONG time- well it seems that it caused a rash this time. So my husband bought me some hypoallergenic stuff. I am disappointed about that. I love lotions that smell good. That is just me- I like products that smell good. That is part of the enjoyable part of using what ever product it is.

Remember last week when I had the stitch coming out? Well I had put a bandaid over it - over night cause we did not know what it was and I did not want to accidently pull it. Anyway yesterday where the adhesive had been got really red and is still red. I have not had a bandaid on it since Wed morning. Anyway so that is another way I can tell that I am getting sensitive to a lot of things that I had not been sensitive to before.

There are so man elements about cancer and chemo that I had not realized before my journey through it. It is so much more complicated than I had even thought that it was.

I was able to get my block of the month finished for this up coming meeting on Friday morning. I missed the last two month's meetings because of a dr apt. and Chemo. But I will make it to this one- most likely. I have one more block to finish up to get caught up - just have not gotten it done yet.
Photo: What I'm working on ~ on this Saturday night :0)
I will post a photo of it when I get done. I think it will be a another cool block.

Well I am tired and I think I will go rest a bit more.

I hope you all are having a good week end.

Our beautiful weather is leaving tonight and the next two days or so will be quite chilly. Ya'll stay warm. :O)
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're still taking a bit of time for quilt blocks! It's such a neat way for you to add beauty to your life, when you have so many other changes, pains, and irritations going on with chemo. I'm blessed by the way you don't spare the details, and yet you highlight and focus on the blessings you experience through it all. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love earth tones, so I'm in love with this block. Oooh! Lovely!

    I really appreciate your positive outlook on this journey... you have no idea how much of a blessing your words have been these past few weeks... God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is lovely. I hope you soon start feeling stronger and better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it took me a few days to respond- it just took me some time to get back to feeling better. Thanks so much for the support and encouragement! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)