Friday, January 24, 2014

Checking In - chemo day part 2

Just checking in, using my sons ipad. He is so sweet to let me use this thing.  I got done with my first bag at 2:10pm and they started the last bag at 2:45pm. It should be done at 3:00pm. Then they have to flush it and then they should be able to unhook me and release me. Yeah! I was hoping to get out of here at a decent time. Last time we did not leave till 5pm.

Today I worn one of my hats. This is the first tome to wear just a hat in public. I've handled it pretty we'll. of course I am around a lot of people in the similar situation. Not everyone doing chemo lose there hair . Wishing one of those chemo treatments would have worked for me, but that is not the path that I was called to walk. So I continue to walk in faith. God is in control and He is giving me the strength and courageous needed.

Good news is that I have not had any bad reactions. I was told that the taxol(my long chemical) tends to cause reactions in the first few treatments( can cause anytime throughout the treatments). The Carbo- it tends to have reactions the more treatments that you have. Good thing us the nurses up here now that and keep an eye on us.

Today I was able to snooze some after the first chemo was started. It takes 3 hours, so there is plenty of time to rest. I am still tired, but I can rest later, or/and go to bed early tonight. I really think I will.

Hoping you all are doing well. Have a. Great weekend!! :0)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds like the timing will be much better this time. I hope you can go to bed early--that would probably feel good after a day like today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place was not such a mad house this time- it was more relaxing and we were able to leave at a decent time - and miss out on some bad traffic issues. Praising God for that for sure! Lisa :O)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you didn't have any bad reactions. Get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)