Monday, January 20, 2014

The Reading Corner Edition

Today I wanted to share with you all a quote from the newest book that I am reading. It amazes me how God leads me to just the right book - at just the right time. This book has a copyright date of 1973. And I only paid - fifty cents for it. It has been a real blessing so far.
Here is a quote that I thought was great!



"Three primary objectives prevail throughout the book(of Job).
One refutes a basic theology error that trouble is a direct expression of divine disfavor.
 Second, men are being prepared for eternal life under circumstances involving severe trial and conflict. Finally, the good man triumphs, though many rough deserts must be crossed."
 From the book I am reading "The Grandeur of Job" by George T. Dickinson
 

4 comments:

  1. I recently completed a study on Job... there are so many lessons to learn. I hope you're having a good day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! It's so nice to visit you again! How are you feeling?
    I really like those insights from Job. It's easy to think that "God doesn't like me" because hard things happen. How could he not like/love what he has made? Just have to hang in there...
    I have a new blog home. I'm now at www.ceilryan.com
    It was a big move, but I hope I'll love it.
    Happy Tuesday :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are back! I will be checking out your new blog soon! Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking