Monday, May 31, 2010

Special Visitors

We have been so blessed to have some very special visitors to our yard. I have not been able to get good photos of them all but I am going to share a few of the photos that I have had a chance to get. Above is a Painted Bunting - at least that is what i was told they were called. This photo does not do this bird justice at all. It was so gorgeous! It amazes me of the beauty that God has given us in nature.

As you can probably tell this poor pigeon had a hurt leg. I just happen to notice it was getting something to eat. And I could not pass up the chance to get a photo of it. And if you will notice in the photo - top left hand side is another visitor. :o) I have seen the big red-headed woodpeckers in our back yard along with a smaller woodpecker. And several other really cool birds. Oh and I can not forget about all of the hummingbirds we have - coming and going. I am hoping that once we have the sun room done - that I will be able to sit out there and watch the birds and stuff and get some more cool photos!

I love this bird house - my husband bought it for me from TSC. It is so cute. The birds really love it.


As do the squirrels. Since this photo was taken I have bought the squirrels a feeder and have put it up. I put black oil sunflower seeds in it for them. They love them!!

Here is the feeder for the squirrels. It did not take them long at all to find it!


Isn't he just adorable?

Oh - and not all of our visitors to our yard have been all that welcome.


One night I noticed a opossum eating from one of my bird feeders. Oh and I have seen skunks in the yard. And actually in my garage. I had put some food for my outdoor cat out in the garage and one night someone had forgotten to turn the garage light off. Well the switch is right outside the back door. So I opened the screen door and was about to reach over to the light switch and I looked down and right there was a big black and white skunk. I was scared to death that I had scared him and that he would spray my car that was right there next to him. But he did not. I am so thankful.
I hope you all have enjoyed the special and not so special visitors that we have had in our yard!
Have a wonderful day! :O)

2 comments:

  1. I saw a painted bunting a while back & its colors were so amazing! I haven't seen another one since though.

    Squirrels are such crafty creatures, aren't they? I can't believe a oppossum was eating out of your feeders! Oh, and to have skunks wandering around? I haven't seen one of those in real life yet.

    Great pictures and enjoy all the wildlife activity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa--when we lived in our Keene house, I went out to the garage in the evening to do laundry and there was an opposom sitting on my washing machine! I screamed, he scared me so! Mostly because I was startled, but I do know they have sharp teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)