Monday, May 10, 2010

when i say i'm a christian by Wesley Hart

i'm not shouting i'm clean living
i'm whispering i was lost and now i am found and forgiven
when i say i'm a christian i don't speak of this of pride
i'm confessing that i stumbled and i need a Christ to be my guide

when i say i'm a christian i'm not trying to be strong
i'm professing to be weak and i need His strength to carry on
When i say i'm a christian i'm not bragging of success
i'm admitting that i've failed and i need God to clean up my mess

when i say i'm a christian i'm not claiming to be perfect
my flaws are visible but God believes i'm worth it
when i say i'm a christian i still feel the sting of pain
i have my share of heartaches so i call upon His name
when i say i'm a christian i'm not holier than thou
i'm just a simple sinner who received God's grace somehow

This is a poem by someone I know. He has a wonderful testimony and has a great singing voice. He kind of reminds me of Elvis. If you ever have a chance to get to hear his testimony and him sing- it will be well worth your time.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its all true and a great poem.

    Hope you had a great Mother's Day. The baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the words...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)