Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Reveal.. and a Complex - maybe

Today has been a very nice day so far. Earlier today I went to the Secret Sister reveal at my church. I got a $25.00 certificate for my favorite Quilt Shop!! And a 5 oz bag of M&M's - Mmmm chocolate. The secret sister I had this year has been a wonderful encourager. Letting me know how much God loves me and how special I am to Him. This was something that I really needed this year - so it was truly a blessing to have her as my secret sister.

My secret sister was not going to be able to come to the Reveal so last night at a program at our church I gave her - her gift. When I first picked our my Secret Sister many months ago - I opened up the envelope to find a paper telling me who she was and what she liked. On this page it was stated that she liked Pink and Brown. The minute that I read it I knew that I had to give her this quilt:


I gave it to her last night and she loved it. I think that my Pink and Brown Quilt found the perfect home for itself! It will be well loved.

After I got home, My Mom came by and wanted to go for a walk. Well there is a nice park near my home and it has a pretty nice walking trail in the shape of a figure 8 - one side of it is a lot more challenging than the bottom half so you get to choose what you are up to - or maybe not up to doing that day. Well my Mom is afraid of dogs so she really does not like to go to this park to walk - so we go walking at another place in our area. And today I noticed a sign that could very well give a person a complex. What do you think?

It says" Drive with Caution Senior Citizen Pedestrians." The reason it says it is that we walk around a big drive that goes around a retirement home, nursing home and some retirement duplexes. So there are often times Senior Citizens out walking. It was just so funny to me today to notice the sign. At least they have a lot of pretty flowers right there to the left of the sign. I could not see what was on my phone - and what was going to be in the photo - or I would have tried to get more of the flowers in the photos. Maybe next time I will be able to get a better photo of it.

Well I am fixing to get off of here and get out in the back yard and get some work done. I need to weed my garden and on a post soon I will tell about another remodel job we have going on - a sun room! Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous quilt! You are talented, indeed. I loved hearing about the secret sister adventure and walking with your mom. Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)