Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hoping Everyone had a Wonderful Mother's Day!

I am hoping that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! I sure did. The weather has been perfect and then to be able to spend time with my whole family together once again was priceless. We had a great visit with our son, and his wife Lauri and our precious Granddaughter . Isn't she a doll?

We had a barbecue and potato salad and fresh corn on the cob straight from the grill. It was so good. We did have a little scare tonight though. Well I have shared how my husband is building a sun room on the back of our house - on our porch? Well since the walls are up and the windows and doors are all in - we thought it would be safe to let our cats start exploring out there. They were timid at first but then started to really check it out. Well later - as I was taking outside I heard something in the garage - well we have a spot that a small animal could come down from the attic. So I did not know if maybe a squirrel had gotten into our attic or what. Well then I noticed I had not seen one of our cats for a while. So I decided to feed our fish. Because when I feed the fish - after the fish are feed - my cats each get some treats. So I figured this would entice the cats out of their hiding places. Well all but 1 came to get treats. My husband then had me pull my car out of the garage and he went up into the attic and sure enough - there was our little black cat - Stewie- On the other side of the house. So my husband had to go over there and get him and bring him down and back into the house. I am SO thankful that we caught it when we did cause this is an inside cat and I am thinking if he had have stayed out there too long he would have gotten a little more comfortable with going and checking out the outside world and we may not have found him after that. All is well that ends well though.
Doesn't he look like an innocent kitty cat that would not try to run away from home?


Oh by the way - the quilts in each of these photos were made by my husband! Yep- he quilts too! He even has his own stash. He has made quite a few quilts actually. I am thinking 5 but I could be wrong. The one that our granddaughter is laying on - he made it for her. And then the one that Stewie is laying on is one that he has in the living room. We have even taught both of our boys to quilt. And they have each put together at least one quilt a piece. The oldest son has actually made 2 of them.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! :O)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Stewie looks the picture of innocense...... Tell Jason his quilts are beautiful! Of course, Hailee is the most beautiful of all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband quilt?!!! Wow! They are beautiful. I must get back to quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)