Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sickness/Pizza and a Movie

Good evening everyone, I hope you all have had a good day. The last couple of nights we have not gotten hardly any sleep. My husband has been so congested and several - I mean several times during the night he would cough and be so congested that he would get choked up along with being nauseous. Well I am a light sleeper so I would wake up each time as well, getting up to try to find some medicine to help him. Well there is a problem with him taking some medicines now. One of the medicines that he is on for Parkinson's can not be taken with most cough meds. due to a certain ingredient. So he was not able to get much relief. Well today he was even worse and now he was running a fever of 101.8. So we decided that he would have to wait till Tuesday to see his Dr. so we decided to take him to CareNow. I am so very thankful that they have web check in. So we checked in and about 2 hours later they called. Then it took us about 30 minutes to get there. Once we got there we were only there for about 5 minutes when they called us back. They did chest xrays, throat culture, and a blood test. And then waited and waited. Come to find out he has an upper resp. infection along with bronchitis. Well he had to do a breathing treatment for a while because his oxygen level was down. Then they gave him a shot and a prescription for an inhaler and two meds. We have picked up the meds and are home. My husband wanted pizza for supper and so I made some. Here is the first one. My son just wanted a cheese pizza and my husband and I wanted veggie pizza.

Let me tell you what - This is the BEST pizza I have every made. The combination of everything that I put on it just came together and was delicious. I made the second pizza - the dough did not seem to spread out as nicely as the first one - partly my fault though because I forgot to cover it while it sat there. Anyway my husband loved the pizza but thought that adding some turkey slices would make it even better.

Jason bought me this Pizzazz Pizza Oven several years ago for Christmas and I am so thrilled he did. I love pizza but we just don't get it very often. So now I can make it when ever I want some! Yay!

Well I am one tired girl. I have a movie to watch and I look forward to spending some time in my sewing room as I watch my movie. I am hoping it is a good movie - "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day." It has been a while since I have watched a movie and after the day I have had I am totally in the mood to watch a movie.

I am hoping that my husband will sleep better tonight - and maybe I can get some sleep. I also hope you all have a safe and happy week end. Oh and by the way - A GREAT movie to watch this week end "Taking Chance." It is one of those movies that when you get done watching it, you are proud to be an American. I am so thankful to all the Men and Women who serve and protect America!! A Big "Thank You" to them all.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I've got that cough. And, had pizza for supper also.

    Hope your husband is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your husband feels much better soon, Lisa. Situations like that are scary --- sometimes I think it is easier to be the sick one rather than feel helpless when a loved one is ill.

    I think your pizza looks yummy! That pizza baker is amazing!

    I enjoyed my visit here today --- very much. I really needed a positive break and you gave it from your heart. Thank you!

    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)