Monday, May 17, 2010

Texas does have snow- But not today

I thought that I would share a few of my photos from this last February when we had snow. Probably the most snow that we have had in years. I think it was like 8-11 inches and it just depended on where you were of how much you got.
Here is one of the views out my back door. On the tree is my squirrel feeder. They love the black oil sunflower seeds. And I try to make sure there is always a good supply of them in their feeder.

This is a photos of our back porch - which is now being changed into our sun room. But I am so thankful that my husband built a small back porch off the back of it so I can put my chairs and our BBQ grill. And hand some hummingbird feeders off of it as well.

He was actually in the mood to get out into the cold and make a snowman and also some hearts for me. We had some really cute red, plastic heart shaped popcorn bowls that he used to make the hearts.

These next few photos are from our front door. We live off of a fairly busy road. Not as bad as the highway that we used to live one block from but this is still quite a busy road at times.


We are so lucky because across the road is just a field and does not seem to have any plans of any developments there any time soon. You know how you move somewhere and it is quite a nice place to live and then things build up around you - well that is not what we want. The new house we were going to get - would have been just like that and I am SO glad we did not get it. One of these days I will try to get a photo of the area that we were going to move into. To give you an idea of what we would have gotten ourselves into.


Well today we got a really good rain shower. I had plans to weed my garden today but I will have to put that off till tomorrow. What is really neat is that our temperatures got up to almost 90 degrees before the rain showers came in. But now our temps are in the mid to upper 60's.
We are trying to only use the AC when we have to and we are trying to keep the house open as much as possible. We have had to close our house down for a few hours here and there so far. We are so much enjoying these cooler temperatures which are very unusual for Texas.
Hope you all have had a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. It is raining here today...lightening and thunder to let us know it is serious about the rain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow pictures are great! Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad you are having a cooler Spring. What a blessing. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)