Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Post of This and That

Well here in Texas is has been getting warmer and warmer. The last day and a half we have had our house shut up and the AC on. And it kind of looks like it will be that way for a while. If it looks like the temps might get into the 60's at night, I will open the house up and see how long we can have it opened up. I have really enjoyed this past couple of months with not having to use the AC or the Heat. During the past month - we have had to run our AC a couple of times for a few hours here and there. It looks like the temps will be in the lower 90's the next 7 days.

I have really been enjoying my crockpot this week. It really is neat to spend just a little time in the morning and get the stuff going and then having most of the meal made by supper time. We have found a few more great recipes. Well see - I find recipes that look like they would be liked by my family and then I make it the way the recipe says. Unless like yesterday a recipe called for 3 bell peppers - well I know that my family does not like a lot of bell pepper so I just put in a handful and it was the perfect amount. But like I said usually I make it the way the recipe says to make it. Then after we eat it - I find out what everyone has to say about it and at that point I adjust the ingredients to fit our family. I was so thrilled to find a recipe called Cheese Enchilada Stack this week and made it and it taste so much like the Cheese Enchilada's that I make - but SO much easier. And it will be so much healthier as well because I will not have to dip each of the tortillas in oil like I was when I made cheese enchiladas. I have a 4 Qt and an 8 Qt crockpot. I think. What is so funny is when my husband bought me the 6 or 8 Qt crockpot I really thought that I would not use it much. But I use it about half of the time. It is great to cook roast's and whole chickens and such. Right now because there are only 3 of us at home my 4 Qt one is working great for most of the things I make - except the list above.





In my Garden: Well last night I spent some time weeding it. It really needed it. I found a nice big cucumber - and one that is not quite ready to pick yet. I also found our first cherry tomatoes - something had eaten into a couple of them, but one was fine to pick and bring in. I am thinking that my zucchini and my yellow squash plants need some fertilizer so I gave them some yesterday. I will watch and see what happens. I might have to move the couple of boxes that are in front of my bookcase that has my gardening books in them. And pull my books out and see what I can find out.

You know there must be a whole lot of people going through trials right now because my Christian Radio Station has been playing all sorts of programs on going through the trials and stresses in our lives. It is so funny because it is like there are many different preachers that they play and most of them are talking about the same thing. Most of them have been very helpful. It reminds me I am not alone - as long as we are living on this sinful world - there will be trials and tribulation. This is not my home - I am just traveling through. Doing my best to hold on to Jesus in Faith - that He knows what is best for me. And I know a few of those of you that are reading my blog and I know for sure that there are several of you that are really going through some hard times - Please know that God loves you with an everlasting love! That means it NEVER ends! And as you hold on to Faith and Hope in Jesus - you will come out the other side like Gold. May we hold onto Jesus - for He is our Rock.


1 comment:

  1. We've had to run the AC, too. It's just to hot and humid outside!

    I can't wait to start using the veggies in my garden. How neat that you are already able to harvest some from yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)