Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Promise Book and Board

Sometimes I am not very good at remembering things so today when I was writing a thank you note to a friend for a nice card that she has given me recently it popped into my mind that I need to have a "Promise Book!" There are many, wonderful promises in the Bible and I want to have them in a place that is easy to get to when I need to be reminded of such promises. And this book will make the promises so much more special to me because I am making it more personal by adding some of the promises that were specially given to me by friends. I am adding dates and other information as well. That way years from now I will be reminded of the kindness of friends.
This first one if a copy of a card sent to my by a friend. This promise is a very special one to me since it has come to me by many different sources lately. Through people who choose to be "Builders." Sorry there is a glare on the bottom card. It has the promise in the Bible about God finishing the work that He began in you. I like this as well.
Proverbs 62:8 is a new to me - promise. I got a card from a friend this week and this is what she wrote inside. I loved it and made a copy of it to add to my book.


Here is a photo of the actual card from photo #2. I think it is a very nice card. My friend is very creative and thoughtful.
Another things that I have - is a special cork board in my sewing room. On this board I put up special cards and things that I have gotten from friends and loved ones. It is very nice to be able to see how thoughtful people are. And be reminded of all the Love. This idea only came to my mind in the past year or so, but it will be something that I continue to do for the rest of my life. We have enough reminders in life of the bad and evil things - why not make a point to remember to good, kind, and loving things in our lives and for sure the Promises of God!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! Even though I'm really not able to blog, this post definitely confirmed what God's been doing; I'm journaling the study of His word, and I love the hard notebook you have for what you've been journaling. I also love the way your cards/covers go with His promises! Very powerful, visually reminding us of Him and His goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    How wonderful. I am sorry I haven't checked on you this week. Things have been so crazy for me. How is your dh? Please email me your address. I love sending my friends cards.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen~ Isn't it the coolest thing when we can see God leading in our lives?! I just seem to get so much more out of my relationship with God. I think I am also going to start writing down my prayer request and praises again - that really reinforces my faith as well.
    Elizabeth- I will e-mail you. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)