Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sad Reminders of Unfulfilled Dreams

I wonder how many of you had dreams during your growing up years that just did not work out? Well I do- and today I was sorely reminded of it.

When I was growing up I always thought I would go to college. Never did I even doubt that I would go to college. But things did not work out that way - most of the time I am OK with it. But it took a long time to get to the point of realizing that I was still a valuable person even though I did not go to college and did not get a degree. Please understand that having a degree meant the world to my Mom. And I still can hear it in her voice of how valuable a person is because of the education that they have received. I have come to accept the fact that college just was not in my future and that was not God's plan for my life. However; today I had a rude awaking of this disappointment in my life.

My husband has a cracked tooth and so the dentist is planning on putting a crown on it to keep it together and it was going to cost us $600+ dollars. Well he was looking up on our dental insurance and found out that if he goes to a in network dentist that it should be a lot cheaper. So we had already been referred to a dentist for my son, that just "graduated" from his other dentist. So my husband called the new dentist today and will probably be going to check her out later this week.

Alright - so why did I go off in that direction? Well because I looked up the website for the new dentist and let me tell you - both ladies there are very beautiful women. Young and very pretty ladies for sure. Well I let my mind go where I knew I should not have let it go. Comparing myself to these ladies and against all of their success - I don't compare very high at all. I still struggle with not feeling good enough. So I can see more post in the future about the beauty inside is so much more important to God and that in His eyes we are perfect - coming up. These are things that I need to remind myself of. And when I compare myself to the worlds standards - I will always fall short. But I don't need to be comparing myself to anyone else. I am me and I need to accept me - just the way I am.

It is a good thing that I have copied off onto paper my posts that are more meaty - since I see that I may need to go back and spend some time reading some of the things I have already written.


"Instead, your beauty should consist of your true inner self, the ageless beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of the greatest value in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:4

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa! I popped over here this morning and I couldn't believe your post--it was stuff that has been on my mind all this week! But from a slightly different perspective. :) So I went over to my own blog and finally wrote out what I'd been thinking. Thanks for the inspiration and the nudge to write today! :) Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)