Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Little Of My Day

Today I took 5 trash bags of cans to turn them in. I got $.45 a pound. And ended up getting $7.20. My husband and I have both cut down on soda's so it will be a LONG time before we have that many cans. Well to be truthful it had probably been about year since I took the cans in last time. I put it off as long as possible. But the bags were adding a lot of clutter to our yard - so it needed to be done. And since I was going to be in town - I decided to stop by a local Goodwill. I found a wonderful treasure!!

Isn't it a beautiful couch!?? I loved the wood work and I wish I had taken a close up of the pattern and also of the special detail in the woodwork. I really liked this couch, but with a price tag of $125.00 I just could not afford it. So I took a photo of it and thought I would enjoy it from afar. It looks like a stain on that one arm of the couch but in person you can't hardly see it. Don't know why the camera picked it up so clearly. Anyway I just wanted to share with you all how pretty this couch was. I really appreciate older pieces of furniture - there just seems to be more detail that is something that I really like.




Don't worry, I did find a few treasures that I just could not pass up. The perfume is my husband's Granny's favorite perfume - Avon's Cotillion and the other container with the bird on top. I love the bird. Not quite sure what the bottle is for though. Does anyone know what it is for? Anyway each of these were $1.oo!


Then I found something special for my granddaughter - it will be a couple of years before she can enjoy this but I don't mind. I think it is so cute and she will love it. And for only $2.00 - who can pass that up?




Look at all the cool parts inside the box! Isn't that neat?

Well I hope everyone has had a good day! I am off to watch "The Biggest Loser" - I like to pause the show and then I can fast forward through all the commercials.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I love the sofa. Thanks for sharing the recipes. Everything sounds so yummy.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)