Monday, May 3, 2010

A Special Visitor

Yesterday I mentioned that we were working on building a sun room on our back patio. I have always wanted a sun room. And I am so thankful that God has blessed with some funds to make it possible for us to do at this time. We have found great deals on a few things. We found 10 windows on Craig's list for $50.00- and they are great windows. We will only be using 8 but it will be nice to have a couple of extras - just in case. And my husband found our new back door at Habitat for Humanity store, which by the way are pretty cool stores - if you have one in your area you may want to check it out. And the money goes to a good cause which makes it an even better deal. Well we have the 3 walls up and by working a long time yesterday my husband was able to get not only those walls up but the back door on and 2 of the windows! Yay!

This morning I looked out the back door to see all the progress that we had made and I noticed that someone else was admiring our sun room.

Oh - please excuse the mess outside of that window - we are in the middle of lots of construction. So things are a little messy around here. But the end result will be well worth the mess.

Last night my husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and I told him that I thought two window boxes for flowers just below this window and the window that is on the other side of the back door would be a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Of course, I don't expect us to be at that point in this building process by next week end but looking forward to it will be fun! I have always loved window boxes but never thought we would be in a house that they would work. But the view from the back yard - makes me think that it will be just the thing to make our little addition cute.

It is so neat to be making small steps towards making our yard and our house even more enjoyable. I am a homebody and I enjoy being here a lot. It will just be even more enjoyable when we have a few of these projects done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)