Saturday, May 15, 2010

Strength...Through Christ


Have you ever had an experience where you knew God was trying to tell you something? Well this happened to me today. I woke up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, and as I lay back down to go to sleep- "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" came clear as day to my mind. And at the same time, it was clear as to what this verse means for me.

Sure I have heard this verse used many times and in many ways. Oh- I can accomplish this goal or that goal - because Philippians 4:13 says.... Well this is very true but for me, during this time in my life it has a new meaning. Not only will God give me strength for the things I attempt to do that are in His will but he will especially give me strength to get through the situations and trials that he has allowed into my life.
So basically if He has brought me to it, He will give me the strength to get through it. That is so encouraging to me. It is so good to know that I don't have to do it alone. Never do I have to feel alone because He is there. I realize that there are times in our life's that we feel that He is not there but if we will continue to seek Him and continue to pray "Pray without ceasing"(1 Thessalonians 5:17) we WILL feel the presence of the Lord! Just never give up.

We have to remember: "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8 - Satan is doing everything in his power to keep us from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Satan very well knows what Jesus has in store for those who put their faith and trust into Him.


May we all remember that if God brings us to it - He will get us through it. We do not have to depend on our own strength.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, I so know this lesson - I'm still learning it. I got sick - not with the strep my son has, but...nothing in the life He has given me helps me to get anything *done* in the way I would like! Home management binders... for me, God seems to be breaking me for His purpose, by taking a big eraser to any 'sense' of days! LOL...seriously. This post must be for me today, because I sit here still in pajamas, we ordered chinese, and...um. The only thing current and moving is the love of God, cuz nothing in this home is getting done! These words you've posted are very important and I just know they are blessing others besides myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen~
    Sorry to hear that you are sick now. Hey - don't feel guilty about taking it easy. Everyone needs a day of rest- it does out soul a lot of good. I am so glad that this post helped you. My goal with this blog is to share the journey that I am on and the lessons I have learned and hoping that my experience can help other on the way.
    Praying you and your son get better soon,

    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)