Friday, May 21, 2010

Faith Building Part 1

Many years ago, my Mother had a tin box that had a coin hole on the top of it. The box was blue and had Bible verses written all over it. She used this box for her prayer request. It was like she could write out the prayer request and put it in the box and she had given the situation or person to God. Then later, when she needed some encouragement, she would get the box down and read through the prayer request. As she read through them she was reminded of God's awesome power. Some prayer would be answered clear as day some of them in ways that were so surprising to her, but answered just the same.

Well years ago, I used to keep a journal of Prayer Requests and Praises. I would draw a line down the center of each page and one side of that page would be requests and the other side would be praises. I would put dates down with each as well so I would know when I prayed about it. It was so neat to go back later and see how many prayer requests had been answered.

Lately I have started an "A-Ha Book" and a "Promise Book." So I decided it was time I got back to recording my prayer requests and my praises again. In doing so - I pray about things that are important to me and to other people around me. And as I pray I can look back at it and be reminded of different prayer request that I may have forgotten otherwise. And when I am discouraged or lacking faith - I can look at it and see what ALL God has actually done.

I know in my life I will pray about something and many times I totally forget about what I prayed about - which is a really good thing sometimes. There are times that we need to pray about something and totally let go of it and leave it with God. But it is so comforting to go back through my prayer journal and see the way that God is working in my life and the lives of those around me.

These are just a couple of ways that will help build your Faith. We serve an awesome God and too often in this sinful world we become discouraged and we need to be reminded of all the wonderful things that God is doing.

I am really studying "Faith" right now and I am sure that there will be more parts to this post. And really I am tired right now, but this has been on my mind for a few days and I just wanted to get it written out and then that will clear my mind to formulate a lot of the other thoughts I have going on about "Faith."


"and be not faithless, but believing" John 20:27b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)