Thursday, May 13, 2010

Remodel Stress and Progress


At the beginning of April my husband gutted out the master bathroom. Above is what it looked like. Well the good news is that we have it about 3/4th of the way finished. We have the toilet and sink back in there so all is good. But right now since the weather is fairly decent we have moved our remodel work to turning our back porch into a sun room. We will get back to the bathroom later when it is too hot to work outside. I am also in the process of trying to decide if I want to paint the walls white or if I want to paint them a really pretty shade of green and if so which shade would be best? So I am part of the reason why the process of finishing up the bathroom has come to a stop. Below is a photo of the tile work. I think it turned out really pretty good especially since my husband has never done that sort of thing before. So about 2 weeks ago or so we got a little unexpected money so my husband decided we would put it towards building the sun room we have always wanted. So we began. Below is the first wall that was put up.







Above is a photo of where we got it to last night. Today my husband and my son have been working on getting the tar paper up and the shingles on. We have had a threat of rain last night(did not get any- Praise the Lord) and then we have a chance of rain today and all the way through Sunday. So they are really trying to get the roof done.



Well with any remodel work there are tools and piles of clutter around that are not usually there and it has caused a little extra stress for me. Plus as long as we are doing these jobs and tracking dirt and stuff in - I really don't think it would be a good idea to clean my carpets that are really in need of being cleaned. Tools on the table and around the dining room floor. And outside around the sun room and all - are boards and tools and this and that. And it can all get over whelming. I guess the truth is that there seems to some negatives that come along with doing a remodel job. The end result will be well worth all the work and the extra clutter. Notice I said extra clutter. I do have a bit of a problem with clutter. I am not the perfect house keeper - like many of the ladies that have blogs. It amazes me the photos that some of the ladies put up of their houses. Their houses are so neat and tidy the photos could be taken and put into a magazine. I don't ever think I will be to that point- it really is not my personality. But Oh I feel the pressure as many other ladies do to - I am sure. I do plan to spend some time in the next weeks time period to go through some boxes of some clothes that I have and pull out what I really don't like to wear. I want to get a pile of stuff to donate. I am tired of all of the clutter and slowly I will take care of that. And in time, when these remodel projects are done then we will have time to put together a shed that we have and then we can get some of the clutter out of the garage and put it into the shed. Then we can organize the garage to be a more user friendly place.



Ok - so I just wanted to update you all on what was going on around here. Last night I was stressing a bit about it all and so I have been doing what I can to help things look better. I am picking up branches and all and taking them to the burn pile and stacking some of the extra wood in piles, instead of being all over the back yard, and getting nails picked up with a handy magnet we have that is connected to a handle.



Well I better get off of here - there are things I can do today to work at getting the place looking nicer. Some weed eating that I can do and more nails that need to be picked up before some one steps on them.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks wonderful! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen~ Thanks so much! I was going to take few few photos of the clutter and the boards and trash all over the yard but I thought that I would spare you all those photos - anyway I did not want to see them when I looked back at this post. I just want to remember the good stuff. :O)
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW.. That is all coming along.. Looks great.. Ya'll are going to love that sun room. Dont forget the ceiling fan. Remember Texas heat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rebecca!
    We got a ceiling fan tonight. Plus we have a small ac that we put out in a window already.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)