Friday, May 14, 2010

I Love Old Photos

When my husband's Granddad passed away, the family was trying to get things moved out of the house. And we were lucky to get a couple of small boxes of photo's. We have had lots of fun going through them. What is so sad is that we have NO idea of who half of the people are. So if you have photo's it would be doing your family and future generations a big favor to write names of people and also dates. I say dates because that makes the photo even that much more interesting. Below is a really cool photo that I just love. Of course, the fact that I love Chickens really adds a lot of importance to this photos.

Now this photo below intrigues me because it is so neat to see the way people dressed and all a long time ago. Here is another example of a photo that I would love to know the year it was taken. And even a story behind the photo would be great.

Anyway I hope you have enjoyed a few of the older photos that I love.

I need to get off of here - the weather has calmed down and I really need to try to get to the store to get some groceries. I was going to go earlier but we had some storms and heavy rain come through and I just don't really enjoy pushing a cart full of groceries out to the car and loading the car with them - in the rain. Not fun. Hoping I have bypassed the worst of it.

2 comments:

  1. Those chickens look so organized! It is interesting to note that the men/boys in the 2nd picture all have their shirts tucked in...and the ladies/girls are all in dresses with high heels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these old photos. I love the old prints, period! Reminisce Hitch from Reiman Publications is a mag I keep meaning to subscribe to. Hope your weather clears up! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)