Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Be Still,..."

As I have shared with you all - this past year has been a very tough one, dealing with the loss of about 5 family members, disappointments, and the diagnoses of Parkinson's for my husband. These things have been very hard to deal with. And there have been times that I have questioned God, asking Him why He is allowing these things to happen.?

To better understand me you would have to know that I like peace. I am not a drama queen at all. I may be emotional at times, but I am not the type of person that thrives on drama or problems. I also don't really like change. The older I get, I seem to be handling change a lot better and that is good.

So this last year has had a lot less peace in it than years past. And as I said I have wondered why? Then one day, after leaving church I began to think about how my life was going and all of a sudden I heard some words that the preacher had said but this time it was directed to me! - "I love you too much to leave you where you are." Oh what a wonderful thought. God loves me too much to leave me where I am. He is guiding my life in a way to help me become the person he wants me to be. Oh and let me tell you - it has been painful at times. I know I have cried or fought off tears more in the last year than I have in my whole life.

It seems that sometimes God has to allow difficult situations to come into our life's in order that we will be pushed into the direction that we need to go. But we do not need to be afraid.

"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Not only will he help us, but if we will allow Him to guide us and continue to put our trust in Him, we can have Hope and Faith that the outcome will be well worth any pain along the journey.

"But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10

And we all know what major trials Job went though. Oh my! And he stayed true to God ALL the way through his trials and pains. What a godly man! I don't think I am that strong at all, but I know that I would much rather have God in my life and some trials along the way, than not have God in my life. So I continue to choose to turn my life and my will over to God. And when life's trials begin to feel overwhelming to me, I will hold on to a wonderful promise:

.."Be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10a

3 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers. So true. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these verses! They are good for ALL of us! You remain in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your prayers. They mean so much to me. And I just don't think I would make it through without them.
    God bless each of you in a special way,

    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)