Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Passion for Gardening

Well I think that I have a new passion for gardening! I used to be very nervous about doing the wrong thing and messing up a garden, but I have about decided that gardening is all about trial and error. If something doesn't work - try something else. And if it means planting some plants and then figuring out that the set up that you have for them is not very good - dig them up and move them. They will be so much happier when they get to their new place! As I was typing that I realized that it is the same with me - Sometimes I think I am happy just the way I am and God knows better. He knows that I would be much happier if I reflected His character and he "transplants" me -and going through it is not always fun but the end result - is well worth it.

OK - back to gardening- Look what I found today:

I actually already had this and have had it for several years. I knew that I wanted to sometime sit down with this kit and see what I could come up with. Just had too many things in life going on and this was not a priority at the time. Anyway - this kit has all sorts of cool things in it.
It has this awesome book - that has photos of some of the greatest landscaping I have seen, like little bits of heaven here on earth!
Then it has all these photos of different flowers, trees, shrubs and all - these pop out so that you can set them up and design your own landscape. And the most awesome thing about these - is the fact that they have the names of what they are on the back. So you can really plan what you want and how it would look like in your space.
It also has a soil testing kit. I had totally forgotten about this. I thought this was really neat. A lot of times the reason why something is not growing very well is because it does not have the nutrients that it needs. And many books and the Internet(I am sure) will tell you what different plants need.
Well I am off to do some research on different herbs and what they need so I will be able to figure out the best place for an herb garden. This will be a new adventure for me - I have not really used very many fresh herbs before - but I have wanted to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1