Monday, June 21, 2010

Newest, Favorite Cleaning Tool and a Question

The past 6+ years I have struggled with keeping my appliances in my kitchen clean. I would try to clean them and end up with them somewhat cleaner but not clean and sparkly. Well a friend suggested that I use the Mr Clean Magic Erasers to clean my flat top stove. She said it worked great. So I tried it and I was pretty impressed. I still use the white cleaner ever so often but on the day to day - I use the eraser. Well today I was fed up with how dirty my white appliances looked - so I got my Magic Eraser out and got to work. I sprayed some pine sol stuff on the appliances first and then wiped them down. I am amazed at how very nice they look! I wish I had have tried this years ago. Just think how nice my kitchen could have looked - all this time! So this will be a product that I keep on hand. I will have to actually read the directions on my next box and see what other magic I can make around my house!!
*************************
Well I finished reading "Farmer Boy" last week. It was such a great book! I loved learning all sorts of lessons for real life and not only that but seeing how their lives were like back then. I really enjoyed it. Then I started the next book -" On the Banks of Plum Creek." As I have read these books, I have come to the conclusion that every child should have these books in the "To Read" books list. There are so many important lessons and also gives great examples of how to parent your children. There is so much wholesome information in these books - it would be well worth the time spent. If I could go back to the first year that I started homeschooling my boys - that were in 4th and 6th grades, I would have had us read through these books - with a few other activities added in and Math for sure. Anyway it is always so much easier to realize what you SHOULD have done - once it is done.

I have a question for you "Little House" fans. I notice on the back of the books that it looks like they suggest you read "These Happy Golden Years" before you read "The First Four Years" is that right? And if so, what is the reasoning there?
Also I found a fun website that has some quizzes on the different books. I took the quiz on "Farmer Boy" and got 10/10!! Yay! The link to this page is here.
********
Well I think that I have posted enough for one day so I better get off of here. I have eggs to gather and a little creek to "make" for my chickens! Ya'll have a good evening! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Definately read
    "These Happy Golden Years" first, before the "First Four Years". Basically, that is the order the story happens--first with their engagement and such, then the first four years of their marriage. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the series too. Loved them and really liked Farmer Boy. I agree with you..All children should read them..

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking