Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Antique Mall

Today my husband and I went to an Antique Mall that is not too far from where we live. Even though it is SO close - this was the very first time we have ever gone. It was fun. I think we spent over an hour, maybe even an hour and a half in there. We found some really cool things. I took photos of some of the cool things that we found. I was disappointed because there were several things that I found that I took photos of and they are blurry. Oh well. I will share some of the photos that I have that are pretty good.

This set was so pretty. And it was really sturdy feeling. Only $12.50 for the 3 pieces.

Oh these are called Gentleman's Shaving Mirrors and they are quite expensive - like $185- and up. I think they are really cool though. Of course the blue pitcher has nothing to do with the other part - as far as I know - I think they just put it there for display.

Look at these cool tin watering cans - they were like $20. and $25.00 for them. I thought they were cool! Not cool enough to buy right now though.

This bench/storage chest was like $45.oo - I would have bought it if I had have had the extra money. I just think it is neat.

And this one - I liked the style of it. I never did see a price on it but I am sure this is something that my husband could make. I thought it would be neat - put books in those compartments and then get a couple of plants to put on the other ledges. I don't know - just some ideas I had. We have a sun room that will been to be decorated once we get it done - so maybe this is something that would work out there.


My husband and I both loved a church pew - for $170. We would have gotten it if we had have had the money. It was actually comfortable. I will post photo but it is fuzzy. Isn't it cool! I was a small one and we loved it.
Here is another photo that is not very clear but I love these wooded cradles. This might be something that I keep an eye open for. I am guessing my cats would get the most use out of it but they might feel really special to have a special bed. I think this one below was like $45. not for sure on that price.
There were quite a bit of pieces of furniture that we loved - but of course, they had VERY expensive price tags on them as well. But you know a lot of things were just made SO much better back then.
Well I hope you all have had a good week end. Ours has been pretty good. It has been quite warm here in Texas but as one of my Facebook friends said - we have cold front coming in and she said that we might just have a high of 92 one day this week. That would be SO much better than 100.

2 comments:

  1. An antique mall is such a great way to spend an hour or so on the weekend!

    And, it seems we like the same things!

    I cannot imagine 100 degrees. I'm sure it's happened in Michigan in my life time, but I've blocked it out. Hope it NEVER happens again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! We like doing that too....Stuff was just sooo cool and well made and had character..

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories