Friday, June 25, 2010

For Only 98 Cents!!!

Well after working today, I thought I would go to my favorite local Quilt Shop! I had a $25.00 gift certificate that I had gotten as a gift from my secret sister at the reveal. Anyway I thought since my store was celebrating its 10 year celebration and a few sales going on that I would go check it out. Look at all the goodies that I got!! I got the book - "Turning Twenty - Around the Block."
Check out all the options I have with this pattern.

Towards the beginning of our hobby with quilting. We bought this first book - "Turning Twenty."
And my husband made me some templates out of Plexiglas - I think is what it is called. We have all made at least one quilt using this method. It is so easy - you use 20 fat quarters and that will actually get the quilt that is shown on the front of this book! Even my sons have made a quilt using this method. My husband has taught 3 teenage boys how to quilt using this book. And 2 of them have finished their quilts. We are waiting for a good time to get together with the other young man.
This next book - my husband bought last year when we went on a shop hop. He really likes the one that looks like a stain glassed window. And that is what he wants to make when he gets time. Right now he has been so busy with work, the jobs around here plus fishing.
And then today I bought the "Around the Block" book. I loved the pattern that shows the Sunbonnet Sue in the blocks and also the blocks that have the red work (I think that is what it is called) I want to learn how to do this. And I am hoping to find out what patterns are actually used for this photo (on front of the book) and get that pattern and me make one like it. The Red and White quilt. So I really like those two quilts.
The fat quarters that are shown in the first photo - I got for $1.25 a piece. I just could not pass that deal up. I am thinking that if I wanted to use the civil war fabrics for the sunbonnet sue quilt above - that this way I have a few of the fat quarters needed for it.
I love these patterns because they are versatile- and you basically use 20 fat quarters - plus a little more fabric for some of these quilts. Anyway I was thrilled because I was able to get the 10 fat quarters plus the book for only 98 cents above my $25.00 gift card! Isn't that awesome?!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa I love getting a good bargain. You did well. Enjoy sewing.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Your going to be cutting along this weekend I can see it now. Look out rotary blade here she comes:) My sewing room is undergoing a clean and sort organize and accomplish stage. You encourage me to get to the machine soon.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new book you got! Wish I was there and could do the sunbonnet sue quilt with you--I have always wanted to do one! I actually have a (different) pattern, but just need to get the nudge to DO it! It's always more fun when you are doing it as a BOM or with another friend. Hopefully I'll get a quilt going soon....

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories