Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Friday!!

This morning ~ My squirrel was back! I was so happy to see him! It has been a while since I had seen one eating out of the feeder. We had a blue bird make a nest in one of our bird houses. Well this blue bird was VERY territorial. I mean she/he - don't know did not want any other birds any where near the birdhouse and certainly not a squirrel. Even though the squirrel feeder is on a totally different tree. Anyway I am so glad to have gotten to see my squirrel. I am hoping that the little family or Wrens come back this next time because I LOVE those birds and they are so sweet and kind, and best of all they mind their own business.

Today I had to go get groceries. The store sure was full of people. I went to Krogers first and as I walked outside(from being in the cool store) the heat from the sun just warmed me so quick - and at first if feels so good. Like a special warming from God. Of course, after a while all of you gets hot and it is not such a good feeling. But it was neat while it lasted. Then I went to Walmart - this store was full. I guess I forget that during the summer a lot of people go there for the coolness. On the way home, I felt so thankful for everything. This morning a blog friend said that she did not have AC in her vehicle. And I felt for her - it would be miserable to have to run all the errands that she runs without AC. This is just one of the things that I think that we take for granted. I know I am so thankful to have AC in my car and in my house. Those two things make life so much better.

This last week I found two wash tubs at the Goodwill. I bought them and am planning on transplanting my strawberry plants into them. I am wondering if any of you ladies out there have ever used them for planters and if so, should I make holes in the bottom for drainage or does it do OK without drainage? This is something new to me. But I knew that I wanted a bigger patch of strawberries so I was glad I found them.

3 comments:

  1. I like your wash tub idea...Great find and will be great for strawberries but am thinking they will need holes for drainage.With school being out for the summer I have seen an increase of people and kids in the library.It's a busy time for us..Having AC is a blessing especially for those of us the deal with up to the 100's..Happy Strawberry growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would vote for putting in a couple drainage holes. I think that would definately be needed--otherwise you would have to water only the perfect amount of water--and who knows what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - do either of you think that with the washing tubs being metal that maybe it would get to hot and hurt the plants? I was doing research on the internet and someone said something about that and I was kind of concerned about it.
    Thanks so much,

    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking