Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Little House on the Prairie: The Musical"...Our Experience

Last night was the big night to go see "The Little House on the Prairie: The Musical." I got a few photos that I wanted to share. I am sorry that the quality is not all that great. I was using my camera on the phone. By the way, I am so very thankful to have a camera on my cell phone, because without it I would not have gotten the following photos.
Our seats were on the Upper Level - meaning on the 5th floor. I thought it was so cool because they had a nice little balcony that we could go out onto - to look around. I am sure many people used this for a smoking balcony, but I for one enjoyed the view.
Here is the view from our seats. I was so very thankful that we got seats where we did. Oh I know that a lot of people would have rather have been down on the floor level - and if we had have gotten those seats - I would have been totally thrilled but since we did not - I think we got the next best thing. See there was this section that was sitting directly below our section and they were much closer to the edge. And I did not want to sit close to the edge. It already seems like it would be SO very easy to fall over the edge. Now as far as I know, I have never seen or heard a news story talking about someone falling to their death from over the edge at this building. lol
Here is a halfway decent photo of the ceiling in the building. I thought it was so pretty.
Here is the view at the intermission. I just had to go out and see what it looked like at night. This time I was on the other end of the balcony. I was pleasantly surprised that there was somewhat of a cool breeze. It was so pretty to look around at the view at night.

And I could not have this post without one of the prettiest things about this building. There is actually an angel at the other end as well - to your right. But I could not from where I was get a photo of both angels in the same photo and get this good of a photo of the angel.
Ok - so what did I think of the show? Well first of all I would like to say that it really inspired me to want to keep reading my "Little House" books. You see - I have seen all of the "Little House..." tv shows - from beginning to end. And I enjoyed them and now I saw the Musical. And I know that both have gone off of the original story some what - I was going to say a reason but truthfully I don't know for sure why they would - maybe to make the story more interesting - or something but I know that these that I have seen are not really accurate to what the actually facts are. So I am looking forward to continuing reading through these books. I am about halfway through "Farmer Boy" - as you can tell I have been quite busy lately and have not had a chance to do a lot of reading of this book lately.
Oh and a cool fact that I don't know if I shared yet or not but Melissa Gilbert played "Ma." That was really cool because when she came out everyone clapped! (Note to self - I have another post planned - but don't have time to write it out right now. - just in case I forget)
I thought that going to this show was an awesome experience, but I am SO glad that it was free to us. Because I could not see us paying the $60.00 that it would have cost us - probably plus a bit more for other charges. I am too cheap/frugal to spend that much money on something like this. I think if for some reason I had spent that much money - I would have had HIGH expectations. So it was SO nice to get to go and just enjoy what it was.
Now since we got this little bit of culture - as my husband would say - I am really wanting to go to a local museum to see an exhibit they have there of an artist. I am hoping maybe in the next couple of weeks we can go.
Well I just wanted to share a little bit of the experience with you all. I am tired today - we did not get home till late and then got to bed even later. Then I had to work for about 4 - 5 hours today for my son. So I am needing to get off of here to work on getting a menu together and a grocery list and that way when I get off of work tomorrow I can go get us some groceries!
Ya'll have a great evening! :o)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time! And how fun to see Melissa Gilbert in-person. :) I grew-up watching the tv series then read the books later after I was married--I much more prefer the books! And in order not to scoff at the tv series and all the changes they made, I just prefer to view the series and the books as two different, barely-related things and let it go at that. Farmer Boy is my favorite book of the series and I've read it probably 20 times. :) Thanks for sharing the photos with us.... I don't like balcony edges, either! :) Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    looks like you had fun. I love Melissa Gilbert.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories