Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week-end Wrap Up

This week end has been busy for us. There was some time for rest and relaxation though and that is good. Yesterday evening my husband and I went out to the lake and fished for a while. Actually too long of a while. I fished for a while - I caught two fish. Below is a photo of one of the fish that I caught! Then I read some in one of my gardening books. It inspired me to want to start an herb garden. And gave me a lot of helpful information. It was a good thing that my sister called me because my husband ended up fishing till almost 10:30pm. And can you believe that it was 93 degrees at 10pm?! At least there was a breeze now and then. You know how in the Little House books - Laura talks of a creek running past her house. Well we have a creek bed in our back yard. Not actually, but the way that the land was cut- if it rains a good amount or if I set the hose out - there will be a creek. I love it! And my chickens love it. I try to make a little creek at least during the hot days. They enjoy picking things out of the water and then they really like the wet cool earth after the water has been absorbed. And it really does not take very much water to make them happy campers.

I transplanted my strawberry plants into the washing tubs that I found last week. I had been nervous about doing the transplant because the containers that we had the strawberries in were pretty big and I just did not know if I could handle the holding the plant gently and then turning it all over and all the jazz. Well thank goodness I had not watered it for a couple of days cause it came right out and it was not very much trouble at all. I had to go shovel up some dirt into a bucket and bring it to finish filling up the tubs. I had to do this several times each. Even though I had already shoveled up dirt to fill the tubs half way. When I was done - I watered the thirsty plants. They are already looking a little better than they were. One of the plants was looking pretty bad.

I also shoveled out about 6-7 buckets of stuff out of the chicken coop. I had worked on it a little earlier in the week and did not realize there was that much more to get. Boy was I hot! Sweating big time! It is nice to have the job done though. I do need to just plan on doing it ever so often and that way it is not such a big job.

I cooked a big roast and we invited our son and his wife and baby(of course) for supper. My husband helped Oldest with pulling the engine out of his VW Bug. They will be working on it off and on this next week. We are hoping to get it running since right now the only vehicle that they have is a Dodge truck and he has to drive and he has quite a drive to work. So we are hoping that the bug will help save him some money and wear and tear on the truck.

Oh- and if you did not think that my week-end has been fun enough so far - this evening after I write this; in fact, I will be putting the sealer down on the grout in between the tile on our bathroom floor. Then this next week I will spend some time sanding the tape and bedding that has been done in our sun room. I decided that I needed to just take over some jobs and that way it could move along faster - if I could get some of the things done while he was at work ~or fishing :O)

Well I hope that you all have had a great week-end! And that you made Father's Day a special day for those Father's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories