Saturday, June 19, 2010

What is your Anchor?

Today I heard a great sermon. And what is really cool is that a couple of other blogger's ended up writing similar posts today. They are both great writers. I think you will enjoy what Susan and Debra had to say.

There are so many things that we can have as our Anchors: career, money, a spouse, family, friends, you name it - it could be someone's Anchor. But it is very dangerous for us to put any of these things or any earthly things as our Anchors - We can not be truly happy if we do so.

It all comes down to this - IF God is my anchor then I can have nothing- or lose any of the above and still be ok(may take some time - of course.) But if I don't have God- I could have everything and still not be happy.

So if I have God, I could have everything or nothing and still be happy! But without God as my Anchor - NO true happiness.

I really think that this is a lesson that God has wanted me to learn. And I think I am finally getting it. I mean seriously - I hear a great sermon about it - then I read the two posts above.
How could I have possibly missed the message? lol

It is super late and I am hoping that this post makes sense. If not in the morning - I may just have to tweak it but for now. This is how I will leave it. May we all put God first!!

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalms 91:1

What great promises!! :O)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    God is my anchor. With out Him I am nothing.
    Thanks for a wonderful post.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa... Thanks so much for linking to my post. I love it when people get what I'm trying to say, especially when it's the most important thing which I believe in this life. You are a blessing! ...Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your comment on Coffee, Tea, Books and Me and decided to visit your blog.

    What is my Anchor? is a timely reminder, because daily I have to run to Jesus as my anchor.

    Thank you for reminding me today.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories