Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Quick Check-In

Just wanted to check in for a few minutes. My husband and son went on a fishing/camping trip today so it is just me, the cats, and chickens for a few days. My son works for my MIL at her store and he works the grill with her - so while he is gone I am taking his place - today and tomorrow. It is not something that I enjoy but someone has to do it. I am hoping tomorrow goes smoothly. Today there was one point of it that was quite stressful for me. I am the type person that likes to be prepared and ready before we open the grill and I had no idea that there was no gravy made up till ten minutes after the grill opened and we had 2 orders - then my MIL said we needed some made up. It was something she knew about and should have made ahead of time. So our first couple of customers had to wait for a few minutes. Then when my husband and son left - I started to feel left out and sad. I think it was because I was already stressed about the orders taking so long because we were not ready - that made it so much harder for them to leave. I guess that and I will be alone for a little longer than usual. But trust me- I am SO thankful that my husband is not in the military. It was so hard back then -because they could call him in at any time day or night and he would have to get his gear ready and he would leave - he could be gone for a few hours, a few days or weeks. We NEVER knew. It was a hard time. So this is not any where as hard as that was and I am thankful.

I have block of the month tomorrow morning. I am really going to try to do the step by step from what the directions look like and the fabrics to putting the block together. I think it would be fun to do. It may even show you how easy it would be for you to start quilting. It is all about doing things - one step at a time. Just like how our lives are - one day at a time. Interesting.

Well it is late and I am very tired and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I hope you all have had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Have a wonderful week end.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories