Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BOM and Moving Forward

Yesterday and this morning we got a good amount of rain. Not quite sure how much but I'd guess at least an inch. It was wonderful the temps dropped and that in and of itself is wonderful.


Well I noticed on my calender that this Friday is Block of the Month for me so today I took some time to cut out the fabric and put my block together. I am so glad to have it put together and done. This was block #9 I believe so we are getting close to the end of this years block of the month. I have several quilting projects that I need to get busy on. Several ladies have talked about working on Christmas presents and I have a couple of them but just need to take the time to get in the sewing room and work on them. I am thinking that I will have some extra free time tonight. So we will see what I can get done. It is always so relaxing to work on a project. And the feeling of accomplishment is great as well. Working in my sewing room does me a lot of good because some times it forces me to step out of the box and do things that I am not quite sure how to do - which when it comes to quilting - has been quite a bit. But that is really good for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last couple of months I have been working on my life story. I shared a while back that I go to some 12 step meetings that are at my church. And I also shared that I do not go because of any direct problem with alcohol in any of my family - that I know of - but that this program is great for everyone. It is a very spiritual program and it helps you get to the bottom of why you are the way you are and it gives a road map to help direct you to more healthy ways to live your life.

Well today I meant with my sponsor. God really did bless me with just the right sponsor - she so understands me and where I have been and all. So I read her my story. This was kind of draining but I was not surprised at all at what I learned. And I also could see where in my story - God used some people to help protect me. See there were many times in my life that I did not feel protected and I had a real lack of security. I have a lot of fear and insecurity. And these defects of character make me react to things in a different way than what a lot of people(that do not have these defects) would react. It was amazing to see that God was at work then and that I can trust Him to be at work now in my life. When I start feeling fear, I can "ask God to remove our fear and direct our attention to what He would have us be." I am so thankful for God's leading me in my life and being there for me and providing what I need. This does not mean there is no pain or sadness in my life but it does mean that I can have hope. Hope and Faith in the one who created Me!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your posts..you are so very down to earth. A gentle person that I am getting to know through our blogs...another special person in my path. Plus we have some similar interests.. I have read all of Little House books.Although I am not quilting I recently purchased a book on simple patterns...One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    How pretty. I want to learn to quilt someday.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,

    Love your quilt block! The colors and pattern are so pretty!

    Blessings!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories