Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Where's The Beef?"

I have thoroughly loved reading "The Little House on the Prairie" books. I am about half way through "The Farmer Boy" book right now. I have really enjoyed my time spent reading it. It really amazes me of how they knew just the right time to do certain jobs. And when that job was done they knew what they needed to do next. They knew just how much of the different things that they needed for the year. That is just amazing, to know just how much of things you will need. Sometimes I misjudge for what we need for a weeks time period. I also think that it has been neat how different members of the family had different jobs and they all worked together and got things done. There does not seem to be major stressing out to get things done and all. And maybe it was just that from the kids point of view there was not a lot of worrying or maybe the fact that there was not a lot of outside distraction that it helped them feel more content with what they had and where they were. TV, radio, and the Internet sure do influence us - sometimes in a good way and sometime in bad ways. I, for one have experienced being a quite a good mood and then I see, read, or hear something and it tries to change my mood. That is really interesting to me because I had not thought of that being the reason why there seemed to be so much more peace many years ago, maybe that is one reason why I love to watch some of the older shows.

*****************************************
Oh and I wanted to share one more thing with you all today.

No one would be saying "Where's The Beef?" while using this bun!!!

I could not believe how very small this bun was. My husband and youngest son got home from their camping/fishing trip and brought in the food that they had left over. And this is what I found inside of the Mrs. Bairds packaging. Nothing said about it being a mini bun at all. It amazes me what companies try to do in order to make more money. So many things are the stores are getting smaller and smaller and the prices either stay the same or they get higher and higher, and usually it is the latter.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo - I was taking the photo with my camera phone and trying to hold this just right.

I hope you all have had a good week-end! I have been going through stuff and getting rid of things that I have not been using, wearing or what ever. There can really be just too much stuff and that is where we are. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff because I think what if once I get rid of this - we need it and then have to go buy it again. Or with clothes I think well I may lose some weight and then I would really like this. Here is one scenario that happened just this year. Last year I had tried on a shirt and I felt like it made me look fat in it, so I packed it up. This year as I was pulling out my summer clothes - I tried this same shirt on and this year I like it. What changed from last year? I am basically the exact same size as last year, not much has changed at all. So who really knows? But I am thrilled to say that I have a trash bag of stuff to take to a local thrift store, about 3 walmart bags of stuff for my sister, and 2 walmart bags of stuff for my Mom. It feels good to get rid of the stuff but I have a ways to go still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)