Monday, June 28, 2010

Our God is Great

This has been a very busy day and I don't have time for a long post but as I was doing my devotions tonight I came across something that I just had to share. The section I was reading was talking about how we can face a future of hope(from Jeremiah 29) "because our Father is very great." And then the author was talking about when Job questioned God and God came back with about 50 questions for Job. And in these questions we realize how very awesome God is. Our finite minds don't know the answers of these questions - but our God is Great and we have believe in him. Here is the great quote I wanted to share.

"Hope and encouragement can spring from the realization that we know so little. Instinctively we try to find hope through trying to know everything, and we become discouraged when we cannot find the answers for which we are searching. But sometimes God highlights our ignorance and inability to know so that we may realize that hope does not originate in "finding answers" but in a being vastly greater than ourselves." page 75 of "The Refiner's Fire"

I hope that this quote blessed your heart like it did mine. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Yes God is great. It sometimes amazes me when I sit and ponder all He does for me.
    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories