Monday, October 1, 2018

Ways to Save ....series Homemade Dishwashing Tabs

Todays "Ways to Save" will be an example of how to save money because if you use items you have on hand you are saving money. I am not sure if this actually would save money if you went and bought all the items - but I do know that when you are not having to buy something - putting money out - you are saving money. Because we do not use the dishwasher very often this will save us money over the long haul.

Last week I shared how we made up our own laundry detergent. And as you know one thing many times leads to another and in this case it did. I was running low on dishwashing powder and I had wanted to make up some. Well I could not find the recipe that I had from the same blogger who I got the laundry detergent recipe for. I began looking on the internet and found a couple of recipes.

I tried this recipe first. It made 33 dish detergent tabs(These were not totally full tabs. But I was not 100% happy with this recipe so I continued to look for recipes and found one that I am much more happy with.   

 




I like the texture and look of these tabs much more.
This recipe make 45 totally full tabs!





I have washed a load using the first method that I made (the yellow ones) and a load using the white ones and I was very happy with the results of both loads! In fact, it seemed like they might have been cleaner than usual.

This may not be something you would want to do and that is fine but I enjoyed the process and am very happy with the results. I will continue making my own. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories