Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Fabric Softener continued

So yesterday I shared about finding myself in a pinch of not having fabric softener so I made some. I made a half batch. Well I wanted to share a bit more information with you just in case someone plans to make their own fabric softener.

So my gallon sized bottle of vinegar was getting low enough that I though I would make a full batch of fabric softener. So I did everything the same way I had done before- except this time I made a full batch. Well when I shook up the bottle of all the ingredients- it didn't seem to all mix together good. I found I still had lumps of conditioner. So what I did was poured some of the mixture into my blender- about half way full. I mixed it for just a bit and wow! I had a wonderful consistency. I continued to do this until I had mixed it all up.

I used a different hair conditioner this time. I don't know if that was the reason or something else, but this time the consistency was thicker. So I am storing my fabric softener in the gallon bottle, but pouring in a portion of the softener into my old Snuggles bottle. I then add about 1/2 cup of hot water and shake it up. I check the consistency and if need be add more water. I should not have to make up fabric softener for at least a month or so. And what is awesome- is that I have used ingredients that I had on hand. No money spent equals saving money! And I love that!

2 comments:

  1. I always blend mine in blender before pouring in the bottle,conditioner is naturally thicker,also warm vinegar up a bit, it will help when mixing it together.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision