Friday, October 26, 2018

And Update and Christlike Love

Just having a chance to get on the computer and was looking through some of my drafts to see what I needed to work on for next week and came across these two quotes and wanted to share them. I am figuring that I wanted to do something else with this post as well but its been a while and I totally forgot.

This week was very busy for me with two appointments with my MIL and then an appointment for myself, a cousin was in town for a short time and I was able to visit with her for a bit. A trip to a town about 30-45 minutes away to pick up an order of chicken - then proceeding to process the 80 pounds of chicken - well my son got 25 pounds of it - so it was not all for us. I do not eat much meat at all any more but the rest of my family does. I was also able to stop by Goodwill on my way to get groceries today and I found a really cute top for $2.29!

by the way - the mirror was dirty - my jeans didn't have those white splotches on them, the ones above the knees were on the mirror. 

I thought I would show a close up of the embroidery on the bodice of the top. There is also a little ruffle that goes across the front and on the sleeves.  

I am thinking I will try this top with a darker pair of jeans - since it has the navy blue embroidery on the bodice. I think it will look nicer. But at least I know how it will look with this pair of jeans. These jeans I bought quite some time ago - before 2016 when I started keeping track of my purchases. These jeans were a pair of favorites from the time I lost weight about 7 years or so. I am thrilled to be able to wear them now. Not my favorites any more because I really prefer darker denim now but it is nice to have options and change things up sometimes. :O) 

Ok - here are the quotes I wanted to share: 

“ The church of Christ, enfeebled, defective as she may appear, is the one object on earth upon which He bestows, in a special sense, His love and His regard. The church is the theater of His grace, in which He delights in making experiment of mercy on human hearts. The Holy Spirit is His representative and it works to effect transformations so wonderful that angels look upon them with astonishment and joy. Heaven is full of rejoicing when the members of the human family are seen to be full of compassion for one another, loving one another as Christ has loved them” (Special Testimonies to Battle Creek Church, pp. 18,19) I am reading Ty Gibson’s book-“Abandon Ship~ One Man’s Struggle to discover God’s Special Purpose for His Church”

“The grace of Christ must mold our entire being, and its triumph will not be complete until the heavenly universe shall witness habitual tenderness of feeling, Christlike love, and holy deeds in the deportment of the children of God”(Amazing Grace, p. 235).

1 comment:

  1. Very cute top! I love the navy blue in it. I think you could wear it with jeans, but even with a skirt or dress pants. Very versatile and adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)