Thursday, October 4, 2018

Power Up Your Food


Do you know how to power up your food? Well I am in the process of learning this important information during the month of October. I am lucky enough to live near an area that is offering a 5 week long Reversing Diabetes program and at the very first meeting they gave us the book "Full Plate Diet." It is our home work to read this book this week. Next Week there will be another book given.

I have to admit this is not my first copy of this book. I got a copy years ago and I skimmed through it. But as my cookbook collection got bigger and bigger - I had to go through and pull some of the cookbooks that were not used as much and donate them.. My copy of this book went into that pile.
I guess getting this book again was God's way to say, "Hey! You need to read this!!" I am listening and will certainly be doing my home work.

Not only did they feed us a great meal of Fresh Vege Wraps and some veggies. But they also had a 20 minute work out session. Exercising with a group of people is not something that I have done before, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We all just did out best. It was very helpful that I walk and exercise on my own already. I was actually very thankful that I already had an exercise program going!  By the way - exercising for 10 - 15 minutes after a meal can help regulate your blood sugar.

We had a Dr come in and give a talk. And it sounds like we will have different speakers each week.

I have already met a few people - we sit at tables and we will sit with the same group each week.

I had gone to a Diabetes program a year or so ago and I had been worried that this was going to be the exact same program but thankfully it is not. I think I am going to like this one a lot. I have already been inspired to make better choices. It is really up to us to change those bad habits that we have. Slowly make better choices.

Just in case you are interesting in the "Full Plate Diet" I have added a video for you to check out.






2 comments:

  1. I love the Full Plate Living program! And. Have been blessed to be able to have a phone counseling appointment several times with Diana Flemming. She is a very sweet and extremely helpful person!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2