Friday, October 12, 2018

A Bit More Information on Homemade Laundry Detergent

As I was doing my laundry today- I noticed the date that I had written on a sticker of the date that I started using home made laundry detergent. It has been more than a month and I still have 2/3- 3/4 of the canister full of soap.

I have been thinking about how much better I feel about things now that I have been making my own soaps and such. And as I was thinking I realized that by buying the premade soaps- many times we are paying for convenience. The sad thing is that for so long I just thought that is what we had to do. I fell for the lie hook, line and sinker. I know that in our society there are many people who don't have time or energy to make up their own soaps and I am so thankful that there are so many brands of premade things to choose from. And I am glad that they are there so if I don't have a chance to make stuff up then I can go pick some up. I wish I had have made the change a long time ago. I feel like I had a good mind set about trying to save money and all before cancer and chemo but it seems like going through all of that mess and recovering from it all drained a lot of that focus out of me. I hadn't really noticed. I guess I was too busy trying to take care of what had to be done. And just let some things slide. Ever so often it amazes me what I am able to do compared with just a few years ago. I am so very thankful that I have pressed forward with trying to take care of my and be healthier.

I also wanted to share another little tidbit with any of you that are considering making your own laundry detergent. Fels Naptha has a pretty potent odor to it. So if you are sensitive you may want to go with the Ivory soap. I have found that a 10 bar pack of Ivory soap runs $3.97 at least at my Walmart. I have not priced it else where yet. You may need to use 2 bars per batch since the Fels is like 9 ounces or so and the Ivory soap is about 5 ounces but you would still be saving about 17 cents or so per batch using Ivory. I have heard there is a brand Zote - that is also good to use. I do not know what it smells like. I did not see this soap at my local Walmart. I will check other stores for it. I also heard from a fellow Blogger Renee - that you can find Zote pre-shredded. I have seen this on Amazon. I am guessing it make increase the cost of your soap by buying pre-shredded. But I was told it works great. So that is something that you may want to try out. There are options out there- try them and find what works for you. Buying pre made soaps and all might work best for you and that it just fine to. You find what works for you. Just know I am sharing so that you, too, will know you have options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)